Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

who is the most dominant athlete in the world today?

eat big said:
I think he's on a much faster pace than Sampras. So it will be tough sure, but not as tough as it would be for others. I think he wins 2 or 3 majors a year. He won't win the French Open because Nadal is a beast on sand. But he will win most of the other's.
Thing is though Pete had the serve and volley. Federer may well have a better overall game than Pete (although Sampras' backhand was a thing of beauty and his forehand was lethal), but his serve doesn't match up IMO; and as Federer ages it is going to get harder and harder to run down balls and compete without that dominant big serve kill shot. Only Federer's competition and time will tell. Actually I may be talking out my ass here because I don't know his serving stats. It's just the impression I get.

I vote for Tiger as the most dominant.

thewanderer690 said:
I think they get tired from walking their fat assess around the course all day. If it goes into a playoff its pretty much almost guaranteed that tiger will win.
As sad as that is it may be true

harmonica said:
Thing is though Pete had the serve and volley. Federer may well have a better overall game than Pete (although Sampras' backhand was a thing of beauty and his forehand was lethal), but his serve doesn't match up IMO; and as Federer ages it is going to get harder and harder to run down balls and compete without that dominant big serve kill shot. Only Federer's competition and time will tell. Actually I may be talking out my ass here because I don't know his serving stats. It's just the impression I get.

I vote for Tiger as the most dominant.

Very true. I dunno what it is about Federer, he just makes everyone else look slow on the courts. He can cover ground so fast. He can handle Roddick's speed. I think he is a great defensive player which is why he's so good.

eat big said:
I think he's on a much faster pace than Sampras. So it will be tough sure, but not as tough as it would be for others. I think he wins 2 or 3 majors a year. He won't win the French Open because Nadal is a beast on sand. But he will win most of the other's.
you're on the right track as the question place's greater value on future performance as opposed to past.
I'm not educated enough in all the sports well enough to supply a good answer

Zadrunas Zavickas- Hasn't lost a contest in two years, holds the world record in almost every strongman event, has beaten Mariusz four straight times now.

Not only to you have to be big, strong, and have great endurance. Strongman also takes speed, agility, and conditioning. Not to mention that many contests last 2-3 days and have the athletes competing in the same events on back to back days going from qualifying rounds to finals.

No one else mentioned here could put 900lbs across their shoulders and go 100ft in under 10 seconds.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
Zadrunas Zavickas- Hasn't lost a contest in two years, holds the world record in almost every strongman event, has beaten Mariusz four straight times now.

Not only to you have to be big, strong, and have great endurance. Strongman also takes speed, agility, and conditioning. Not to mention that many contests last 2-3 days and have the athletes competing in the same events on back to back days going from qualifying rounds to finals.

No one else mentioned here could put 900lbs across their shoulders and go 100ft in under 10 seconds.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Bro, I agree with you 100%. I didn't want to talk about this in your thread because I didn't want to hijack it.

But the guy isn't that big in terms of strong man. His frame isn't that big. He looked smaller than you in those pics. He's not that tall, yet he dominates shows like no other. He's lean too. So he has a bit of both worlds.

Scotsman said:

Cheers,
Scotsman
chuck norris

Top Bottom