Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Was Gayness invented or discovered?

mb2 said:
LOL...So did every other Greek male of social standing...and back to gay again. Alexander was typical of those living in the system of educational pederasty. There was no notion of "homosexuality" vs. "heterosexuality" since neither was considered abnormal. If, as I suggested earlier, you read Aristophanes' speech in the Symposium -- try to fit it in between firewalks -- you'd see that sex with other men was actually considered superior by those attending that Socratic event. (If you dont' want to read the Symposium, you can see it animated in "Hedwig and the Angry Inch.")

Comparing Viktor Frankl's tools in surviving the Holocaust with someone giving up the love they feel for another person is almost obscenely irrational. I seriously doubt that Frankl, as a member of a despised minority, would not empathize with gay people. If there is an analogy present in Frankl's work, it is to teach gay people (like Jews) to survive in a culture full of hostile people like you. It is not to teach them to change to accommodate their persecutors. I suggest, you continue your Holocaust studies by reading Hannah Arendt.

Finally: Your personal anecdotes, like your personal belief, are not facts that can be generalized to truth. I repeat: You have no empirical evidence to support your claim and, if you have any interest in being rational, you might examine your beliefs. You made quite a scientistic show at the start of this thread and we've ended up with firewalking philosophy and an anecdote.

very good post. I've read A man's search for meaning but very little else on the subject. I should look into it.

Edit: I remember the parts about holding on to the love he felt for his wife and about finding meaning in one's suffering. It think these apply the most directly to homosexuals, and everybody else.

Top Bottom