Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) anyone?

nineoneone

I am seriously considering this operation due to loose skin from a pregnancy 11 1/2 years ago, I am only 26 and have never been able to wear a bikini and actually feel good about it, I was wondering if anyone has had this done or knows of someone who has - is it really worth it?

Well 911, it all depends.

Do you plan on having any more children? You are only 26. Are you at a weight that you want to maintain or do you plan on losing more weight?

My sister in law had it done about 4 months ago. She is a heavy set girl and what bothered her the most about being fat was her stomach so she had it removed. Mind you she is still fat, but she has a flat, soft stomach now with a brand new belly button with NO stretch marks. She is NOW trying to lose weight.

I personally think she went about it the wrong way. She should have lost all the weight FIRST and then had the tummy tuck done.

If you do NOT plan to have more children and are where you want to be physically then a tummy tuck would be a definite option for you. You also have to take into consideration your healing. Are you prone to keloids, cause if you are you will be trading in the loose skin for a nasty scar.

Bikinimom had it done and is very happy with her results but she was in excellent physical condition before she had it done and had already had 4 children. So its something you really need to think about.

Just my .02

My sister in laws cost her $ 7,500 including the 4 day hospital stay, anthesia and surgery. Her insurance covered some of the cost, her total out of pocket cost was $2,000. This included the removal of 35lbs of fat in addition to the stretching and removal of the skin and having a new belly button sewn in.

Recovery time is individual but she was told that she could NOT begin to exercise until after 6 weeks and that all the swelling would go down in about 3 months, which was about right. She had minor site healing complications, as where they did the tie in of the stiches is kind of hard but it can't be seen, you can just feel it. Her scar has healed very nicely. All in all she is very happy with the results.

Hope this helps.

Trinity - How did she get her insurance to cover this???

I have checked into this and all Ive been told is that it is strictly cosmetic and insurance WILL NOT cover....

WOW..Thanks Trinity for the nice reply, I don't plan to have any more children, I am close to the weight I want to stay at, I would look so much better with a flat tummy though, I am going to be very strict with my diet and see what happpens, I doubt it'll go away (my tummy), but I'll never know unless I do this..Thanks again..

I don't really know How she got them to pay for it, but I will talk to her tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Maybe they bill it under a different type of procedure? Her doctor was very cooperative with her. He was the same doctor that did my mother in law's 12 years ago.

My mother in law's procedure was covered 100% because she went in for a hysterectomy so since he had to open her up anyway, he took the extra 45 lbs, did a new belly button and tummy tuck all in one.

Top Bottom