Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

training for football player

Daniel meneses

what would the best training routine for a guy who is looking to gain speed and strength for football , this is my first year playing with my high school team and I work out 3 days a week but I do just like regular work out compounds and free weights, but I'm looking for something specific for football, thank you.

Apart from the gym I would highly recommend functional training, like the one you get with crossfit - it gives you a more generalized conditioning, and a greater variety of muscle stress. I am pretty sure that if you combine crossfit with weight training, you should be both fast, agile, and strong.

If you are playing at the high school level - you most likely have a coach, assistant coach and trainer.

Ask the trainer what type of workouts you should do. He will love your initiative and give you workout programs specific for your position.

It's hard for us to give advice on what type of workout you should do because it really depends on the position you play.

Your team's trainer or coach will know best and give you the best advice.

For strength I would stick to the compound movements training your 3 days per week.

For speed that will just come from your practices.

Top Bottom