Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Top Ten Tech Train Wrecks of 2007

hawaiianflash said:
The HD DVD vs. Blu-ray war is not over by any means. You have to compare the same title on each format. Earlier this year, blu-ray was outselling HD DVD by 2-1 and it appeared that it was going to be the clear winner. However, since Toshiba lowered the price on their players, Blu-ray is barely outselling HD DVD on the same title. If Fox decided to also start manufacturing HD DVD, I bet it would be enough to tip the scales in HD DVD's favor.

full disclosure: I work in Home Video at a major studio.

-flash

you can't argue with sales sir (see link above). when you're a biz owner, and 80% of your hd revenue is from blu-ray dvds - it's not hard to figure out which format you want to dedicate your shelves too. That is what decides who wins/loses. what people purchase.

r

Powerbuilder333 said:
So what's to become of regular DVD's?
Are the new blu-ray players backwards compatable?

yep
Blu-Ray and HD DVD players will upscale your regular DVDs so that they can play at HD 1080p

NickyE3 said:
yep
Blu-Ray and HD DVD players will upscale your regular DVDs so that they can play at HD 1080p

Actually only HD-DVD's or Blue-Ray are capable of putting out a true 1080p signal. The best an upscaler can do on regular DVD's is 1080i...

Question for all that know about HD stuff. I dad told me that if I get a cheap dvd player that has an HDMI connection, it will show all dvd's in an HD quality format. Is that true?

Top Bottom