Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

It Has Begun: E3 2013 Highlights

Ive always been an xbox guy as well but its clear the ps4 is going to be the superior console... Its aimed more at gaming and they outsmarted xbox by waiting and letting them release their specs first and then outdid them in nearly every regard... I am making the change and going with the ps4

Ive always been an xbox guy as well but its clear the ps4 is going to be the superior console... Its aimed more at gaming and they outsmarted xbox by waiting and letting them release their specs first and then outdid them in nearly every regard... I am making the change and going with the ps4

Oh I agree Sony murdered ms in the release aspect. Though Xbox is going to offer a lot. What a lot of people are missing is while ps 4 has a bit beefier hardware the way Xbox plays game (if it actually plays games lol) allows for the same level of play as Sony.

I'm grabbing both. I Have a 360 and ps3 now so ill get both. What really needs to happen is exclusives need to go away. If publishers stopped doing exclusives we would see a much more competitive console industry. Right now if it's not an exclusive game I get it on 360. Ill just wait and see how it play out.

Nice news for ms is the new x box controller is supposed to be amazing.

Oh I agree Sony murdered ms in the release aspect. Though Xbox is going to offer a lot. What a lot of people are missing is while ps 4 has a bit beefier hardware the way Xbox plays game (if it actually plays games lol) allows for the same level of play as Sony.

I'm grabbing both. I Have a 360 and ps3 now so ill get both. What really needs to happen is exclusives need to go away. If publishers stopped doing exclusives we would see a much more competitive console industry. Right now if it's not an exclusive game I get it on 360. Ill just wait and see how it play out.

Nice news for ms is the new x box controller is supposed to be amazing.

I am bothered by the fact that if you dont login everyday on the xbox it will lock you out of your games... You also cant rent games for xbox either... They didnt change their controller or upgrade it nearly as much as the ps did... Theres a lot of things that make the ps a better buy... I am an xbox guy too bro... Im sure i will get them both but i am getting the ps4 first

Also updat ms confirmed price point for x box one games to stay at 60 which given the game pricing trend is actually surprising due to inflation and game production costs 60 is a very good price point.

Alo ms is going to do steam like sales on x box live so it's not all so bad

hmm, from what I've read the xbox may be just a tad more powerful while also allowing for future processing to come from the cloud. They're claiming at least that the xbox will be able to triple it's power down the road by offloading to the cloud. Of course than an internet connection is a must anyway. I don't like it, I"d rather have the hardware sitting infront of me. I don't know why people like small form factors, I have a monster super tower from Azza sitting on my desk...I will be swapping hardware in and out of that for years to come.

hmm, from what I've read the xbox may be just a tad more powerful while also allowing for future processing to come from the cloud. They're claiming at least that the xbox will be able to triple it's power down the road by offloading to the cloud. Of course than an internet connection is a must anyway. I don't like it, I"d rather have the hardware sitting infront of me. I don't know why people like small form factors, I have a monster super tower from Azza sitting on my desk...I will be swapping hardware in and out of that for years to come.

Remember the Milo stuff they had for the Kinect reveal, saying it would "transform" and "revolutionize" interactivity in games? Well, this is kinda the same story with the cloud-

Xbox Australia spokesman Adam Pollington told Stevivor something similar.

"It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud],” he said.

...However, a report by David Coombes for Eurogamer’s Digital Foundry states that latency and bandwidth would restrict what the cloud could contribute to a game.

As such, “there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by ‘the power of the cloud’,” said Coombes.

“Without the explicit clarification that they are literally installing four teraflops of server power for each and every Xbox One bought, the claims of that power target can only be considered bogus PR hand-waving to try and detract from the performance deficit with their rival.”

Xbox One cloud processing claims "bogus PR hand-waving" ? Digital Foundry - Gameplanet New Zealand

Look at where Onlive ended up. Our bandwidth infrastructure is lagging far behind other developed countries. And it sounds like those 300,000 servers Microsoft has aren't even physical.

Top it off with comments like this-
fWpJY1n.jpg

and it makes you wonder how even Microsoft's marketing would save this clusterfuck of a strategy. There are also reports of them having to underclock their GPU due to overheating in preliminary testing.

About the only thing the cloud might be good for is perhaps better AI in certain games, like Forza. Or more likely, both systems will probably offer backwards compatibility through cloud servers eventually.

Remember the Milo stuff they had for the Kinect reveal, saying it would "transform" and "revolutionize" interactivity in games? Well, this is kinda the same story with the cloud-

Xbox Australia spokesman Adam Pollington told Stevivor something similar.

"It's also been stated that the Xbox One is ten times more powerful than the Xbox 360, so we're effectively 40 times greater than the Xbox 360 in terms of processing capabilities [using the cloud],” he said.

...However, a report by David Coombes for Eurogamer’s Digital Foundry states that latency and bandwidth would restrict what the cloud could contribute to a game.

As such, “there's very little evidence that Sony needs to be worried about its PS4 specs advantage being comprehensively wiped out by ‘the power of the cloud’,” said Coombes.

“Without the explicit clarification that they are literally installing four teraflops of server power for each and every Xbox One bought, the claims of that power target can only be considered bogus PR hand-waving to try and detract from the performance deficit with their rival.”

Xbox One cloud processing claims "bogus PR hand-waving" ? Digital Foundry - Gameplanet New Zealand

Look at where Onlive ended up. Our bandwidth infrastructure is lagging far behind other developed countries. And it sounds like those 300,000 servers Microsoft has aren't even physical.

Top it off with comments like this-
fWpJY1n.jpg

and it makes you wonder how even Microsoft's marketing would save this clusterfuck of a strategy. There are also reports of them having to underclock their GPU due to overheating in preliminary testing.

About the only thing the cloud might be good for is perhaps better AI in certain games, like Forza. Or more likely, both systems will probably offer backwards compatibility through cloud servers eventually.

good link. I actually didn't realize that "right now" spec for spec the PS4 was better. And it's going to be $100 cheaper and not come with that eye of sauron Kinect fucking thing. Hmmm.

good link. I actually didn't realize that "right now" spec for spec the PS4 was better. And it's going to be $100 cheaper and not come with that eye of sauron Kinect fucking thing. Hmmm.

Most developers didn't even know much RAM PS4 was going to have until the reveal in February. That's how late the decision was made. They basically custom-built the chipset to support it and forecast that by launch it would be financially/physically viable enough to do. There aren't even PC chipsets able to support 8GB of GDDR5 on a single board yet. Initial reports say a lot of it will be idle and wasted though, since the GPU could really only handle half of that at best. It's basically there to ensure all the background functions and OS features work as instantly as possible.

Xbox One Vs Playstation 4 Hardware Performance & GPU, CPU & Memory Analysis

Of course, it won't be long before PCs outpace that amount of memory. But to have all that in a console is still pretty good leverage for the future.

Top Bottom