Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To continue this weeks theme of racism: NBA players believe dress code is "racist."

Re: To continue this weeks theme of racism: NBA players believe dress code is "racis

75th said:
Closet Republican!

Re: To continue this weeks theme of racism: NBA players believe dress code is "racis

rnch said:
Closet Republican!

Thats offensive...

75th said:
Thats offensive...
as is the current temporary occupant of the white house's presidency.

WolfPack Charlie said:
I used to be into professional sports back in high school, but as I grew up I realized that it was quickly turning into a contest to see who could make the most money and who can be the loudest shit talker with the most outrageous celebration dance. I was watching NFL's Greatest today with the likes of Dick Butkus, Walter Payton and so forth with the true legends of the game. Noone was digging pretend graves, motioning decapitation, doing the river dance, or pulling cel phones from their pants to call family members....just hard hitting no bullshit football. We'll never see those days again and it is too sad.

A couple of things...
Jim Brown was once asked why he didn't spike the ball in the end zone. He said liked to act like he had been there before!
Big corporations are not sponsoring the NBA like they used to. They don't like the image. They pay the players salaries.. not the fans. These guys are so stupid they don't even realize it.
Allen Iverson seems to have forgotten the time he spent dressed like everyone else... when he was rotting in jail!!! What an idiot.
I don't watch the NBA... nor do I go to games even if I am given a ticket. Its boring. There are no fundimentals. They don't play defense. I can see a better basketball game playing the XBOX.

like it or not........profesional athletes are role models for the youth of today.

if young impressionable kids see the "superstars" the idolize dress and act like ghetto thugs; they assume this is the way they are SUPPOSED to be when they grown up.

what has happened to leadership by example?

75th said:
Jackson, who is black, said the NBA's new rule about jewelry targets young black males because chains are associated with hip-hop culture, and he said the league is afraid of becoming "too hip-hop." In protest, he wore four chains to the Pacers' exhibition game against San Antonio on Tuesday night.

What a big logical error. Association does not necessarily mean causation.

If you play professional sports you should be held to a higher level of professionalism...and that means not looking like you came straight out of the hood.

He's just an ignorant person throwing out the race card.

Everytime a professional athlete whines about something stupid they should get publicly bitch smacked.

I can't stand to watch the NBA of today. It was great to watch when Bird and Magic were playing. And def. when MJ was playing. Ironically, I think MJ indirectly screwed the game up. He could just about always take a game over at will. He could kill you by himself. So now everybody wants to be like Mike. Sorry, everybody can't be like Mike. You got all of these mediocre players trying to emulate him and it sucks. Everybody drives it to the hole and then acts live a fucking idiot w/ all the chest pumping and look at me face. Look what I did! Fucking morons. Speaking of being like Mike, if he wasn't in uniform, MJ was always in a suit. I guess because he was a pro and acted like it.

It`s about time they enforced a dress code for those bums. You would think that with all the money they earn, wearing a suit would be the only thing to do. Bling chains don`t go w/ nice suits. Get a grip S.Jackson.

cranny said:
I can't stand to watch the NBA of today. It was great to watch when Bird and Magic were playing. And def. when MJ was playing. Ironically, I think MJ indirectly screwed the game up. He could just about always take a game over at will. He could kill you by himself. So now everybody wants to be like Mike. Sorry, everybody can't be like Mike. You got all of these mediocre players trying to emulate him and it sucks. Everybody drives it to the hole and then acts live a fucking idiot w/ all the chest pumping and look at me face. Look what I did! Fucking morons. Speaking of being like Mike, if he wasn't in uniform, MJ was always in a suit. I guess because he was a pro and acted like it.

yeah MJ was def. showy. Sticking his tounge out and celebrating, but hey, he was the shit and it's not like he made a basket on occasion, like you said, he could kick ass when ever he wanted. I was thinking the same thing about how he dressed. Mike was always in a nice suit and the only jewelry he had on was a nice watch and a silver hoop in each ear.

Top Bottom