Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To all MARTIAL ARTISTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaibox

I’m just a student of the martial arts just like anyone else. There has been an abundance of posts relating to martial arts lately which makes me happy, because I like to have discussions, meet fighters, and learn all I can about arts I’m unfamiliar with. However, here’s my problem. There has been a lot of disrespect to different arts and individuals as well. There is no one art better than any other. BJJ is not the best art in the world, it is just the dominant art under the conditions set by sanctioned NHB fights which has become popular to the layman and weekend warriors. Muay Thai is not the most brutal, it has just become very well known. BJJ has many weaknesses, Muay Thai has many weaknesses. Wing Chun has its weaknesses. Any art anyone can mention, there will be strategic flaws. There are several arts that are developed for a particular range or ranges. Just because Aikido doesn’t practice the rear naked choke, or tornado kicks doesn’t mean it is inferior to arts that do.

I’m getting tired of the disrespect shown by many people to many others because "my art is better than yours"

ART VERSUS ART IS NEVER VALID, ONLY FIGHTER VERSUS FIGHTER

I’ve seen every style imaginable get defeated by every other style at some point. I’ve seen a Tai Chi practitioner make a fool out of very experienced shoot fighter. I’ve fought a well known Aikido Shodan and did respectably against him, but he actually tired me out before I could do any significant damage just to make a point. If he wanted to, I’m convinced he would have finished me off. I’m personally against belt systems, but I have seen countless "black belts" get their nuts handed to them by guys/girls with years less training time.

Fighting is the only thing I’ve ever been any good at, and I’ve practiced for over 20 years. I’ve am proud to have earned a respectable amateur as well as professional record in Muay Thai and more recently MMA. The only reason I say this is to say that the best things I have obtained through my accomplishments are these:

1. The understanding that I still don’t know shit about martial arts
2. The mutual honor and respect between 2 fighters after bleeding each other in front of hundreds of people is one of the best feelings ever. Beating the hell out of(or getting the hell beat out of me) by a guy, then going out with him and his corner to a bar, getting fucked up, and having a new friend for life.
3. The opportunity to learn so much from such a wide array of fighters throughout the world

There has been several people on this board lately that need to chill out and show respect to everyone else and their respective art(s). This is a board to share knowledge, learn, and meet others. Lets keep it at that. Or, if you’re too much of an immature keyboard tough guy to do so, then PM each other with a location t deal with it yourselves. Otherwise, be fucking respectful.

Thaibox, i never thought i'd say this but that was a fucking good post and i agree with you 100%, you talk sense.

nice post

agreed :)....and worth being stuck

Last edited:
MUSCLETECHSUX said:
Thaibox, i never thought i'd say this but that was a fucking good post and i agree with you 100%, you talk sense.

All qoutes from muscletechsux........

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'd kill any kickboxer in the world, especially thai boxers. hapkido is good

sorry danielson but i'm afraid these posts are quite neccesarry, they are here to get a message accross, and everyone on this board needs to wake up to the fact that MUAY THAI SUCKS!

Muay Thai ….for idiots

muay thai is crock of shit

plus muay thai has a stupid stance

but muay thai sucks

kwang ching cock
I said:
Bring it on, my sifu would beat the crap out of your pansy instructor and i would whoop your mma ass, so come get some.

Ask any decent fighter and they will tell you that kickboxing and Muay Thai are great for brushing up on your striking skills and will definetly give you an edge in other martial arts but are pretty much useless on the street
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....and countless others that were so disrespectful they had to be deleted.

You are the reason I wrote this thread.

Could our friendly neighborhood mods please lock this thread. I just wanted it to clean up the board a little, and help out with my personal perspective, if it helped. I don't want crap from certain individuals ruining that. Thanks

i'll still leave this a sticky for any newcomers

muscletechsux wont be bothering us again. he did recieve numerous warnings, so its not as if it wasnt coming

insults, mindless banter etc wont be tolerated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom