Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Wrestler Did Mickey Rourke take Steroids?

This movie was great. If you think you are going to see a fucking WWE pay per view event(like a bet a lot of people expected) then you will be sorely disappointed.. The movie isn't even about wrestling really. Its about a down & out aging wrestler and his life outside of the ring.

True. The wrestling was more of a backdrop and a good symbol of life with it's pretense, compromise and loss. It was neither glamorizing, demonizing or attempting to expose wrestling. It showed it for what it is -- a show.

Personally, I understand the appeal of wrestling in that there's some amazing athleticism involved. But it's the same schtick, every bout and has been the same schtick for decades. Two guys yell at each other, the referee pretends to keep them under control. The announcers act like it's real. Then they pound the mat and bounce off the ropes and pretend to punch each other. I mean, after seeing that five thousand times, isn't it kinda boring? But some people love it -- again, because now and then you see some amazing stunts. I just wish they'd package the show better. Pretending it's real is too much of an intellectual insult.

The extras are real wrestlers in underground gigs. Paul E. Normous was in there and died about 2 months after it was released in theatres.

It was a good movie. Marisa Tomei nude w/ tats and nipple rings did it for me. She looked great.

Side note: his daughter in the movie is dating Marilyn Manson

for what the movie was meant to be it was great. i love mickey rourke and he did a great job and yes he obviously took roids. there was a documentary on pay channels a few weeks ago about actors juicing up to play a part. marisa tomie has the nicest set of tits ive ever seen and the rest aint to shabby either.

Any one seen this movie with Mickey Rourke? There is a scene when he's buying gear in the locker room and my mouth was watering looking at this ridiculous dream cycle. Serostin, Sust, Adex,Tren all on video and real stuff i might add! The dude selling it was jacked.. Good movie

I havent seen this movie yet but one I definitely want to see. Ive heard so many mixed reviews.
He definitley got in shape for that movie.

man after reading this post i saw the movie today and i thought it was great. rouke did a great job and the movie seemed to be very true on how hard it could be for wrestlers that really never make it but love their job. and yes marisa tomei was hot especially her ass

Depressing as hell. Suprised how accurate that juice locker room scene was tho. Loved how he didnt want that chinese crap hgh.lol

True. The wrestling was more of a backdrop and a good symbol of life with it's pretense, compromise and loss. It was neither glamorizing, demonizing or attempting to expose wrestling. It showed it for what it is -- a show.

Personally, I understand the appeal of wrestling in that there's some amazing athleticism involved. But it's the same schtick, every bout and has been the same schtick for decades. Two guys yell at each other, the referee pretends to keep them under control. The announcers act like it's real. Then they pound the mat and bounce off the ropes and pretend to punch each other. I mean, after seeing that five thousand times, isn't it kinda boring? But some people love it -- again, because now and then you see some amazing stunts. I just wish they'd package the show better. Pretending it's real is too much of an intellectual insult.

Did you see Wrestlemania 25 or SummerSlam? Both amazing pay per views. What Shawn Michaels and Undertaker did was beyond the regular schtick. Vince McMahon makes me believe miracles can happen. I mean, they have top secret Hollywood writers writing this stuff now and guys who used to work on the Tonite Show.

Top Bottom