Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Race to a 500lb DeadLift!! Who will get there First?!?! VOTE NOW!

Who will hit the 500lb deadlift first?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SgtSlaughter

The Race for a 500lb Deadlift!

Voting for Odds!

A favorite needs to be determined in order to set the odds up – the person that is viewed to be able to hit the 500 lb deadlift on September 30th 2006 @ 6:00pm EST will be the favorite.

Contestants: MM107 (Mike) and Shades_McCool

Mike Deadlifting 423x1

Shades_McCool Deadlifting 370x5
Note: (Three weeks ago he pulled 445 raw)

Rules:

1.Traditional Style Deadlift is to be used (as used previously in vids)
2.Straps or Belt are permitted – agreement of this can be debated between the two contestants.
3.Complete Lock out a must… no sloppiness.
4.Posting video of 500lb deadlift must be no later than 6:00pm 9/30/06
5.Weight being lifted must be visible by video
6.No outsourcing to perform 500lb deadlift
7.No Shananagans or Evil Shananagans

Once this poll expires I will start the Bookie Forum Event to Place Bets on!!

Cynical Simian said:
Err, sarge, the point of being a bookie and making odds is to predict how people will bet, not to ask them. ;)
hmmm... i've been consulting via PM with a few sources, came to this conclusion because I'm not much of a gambler :rolleyes:

I see your point.

Ok.. cancel poll...just post up in Bookie?

Very true.

So maybe I should pull odds outa my arse and see what happens? I gotta fahkin' GOOOOOOOOO i'm wicked late right now with some "stuff" so posting up in bookie and i'm outa hea!

I think Shades is the pretty clear favorite (no offense to mm107, of course). Do something like the odds I posted in his journal, or maybe even make him a bit more of a favorite that those.

Shades: 75/100
mm107: 105/100

And where did Sept. 30 come from? I think it'll happen something like this, rather than on an official "test" day: shades/mm107 feels crazy strong after his last set of deads one day and decides to try for a single at 500.

The only real question, IMO, is whether a video should be required as proof of the feat.

Video is required... the contestants chose that date.

:rolleyes: already posted it. sorry but i'm in a rush... will clear it up later or tomorrow if i screwed it up.

I'm not gonna bet, I want to see them both get it....

I think they're both more than capable of it a lot sooner than Sept too, this will be fun to follow along though......if Shades or MM want a good guage, I'd say a triple with 455 would typically be good for a 500 single with room to spare.

Cynical Simian said:
Err, sarge, the point of being a bookie and making odds is to predict how people will bet, not to ask them. ;)

I forgot to mention the part where he wasn't supposed to mention this poll was to be used for odds.

Top Bottom