Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Official How-To Burn/Backup Your DVD's

anydvd and clonedvd are available for a free 20 day trial. the full versions are also available on many torrent sites, but that would be stealing if you downloaded something you didnt pay for.

Dial_tone said:
Some drives seem to like one better. I burned a ton of coasters using +R on Windows with Nero; almost a stack of 50. With Linux I don't seem to have trouble with either one.

I think it really has to do with all the different Win32 ASPI layers out there. I haven't had a single problem burning anything under Linux while I have a ton of coasters using Nero.

dvd+r's just have real compatibility issues. they may work on newer players / drives, but they dont always read on older players, game consoles, older dvd drives, etc.

dvd-r is just the safest route to go.

Thanks for the info. My computer is only about 6 months old, so I don't have much of a problem. I actually use 1-click DVD, with 2 drives. Walk away and it's done in about 15-20 minutes.

This tutorial is only half complete.

There is no mention of burning dual-layer DVD's. 99% of all movie DVD's are on dual layer disc's which hold about 8 gig. If you burn to a single layer DVD blank it can only hold 4 gig. Very rarely will you fit a movie and all of its menu's and extra's onto a single layer disc without sacrificing something. Even if you strip off all the extra's and just copy the movie it still usually won't fit. What the copying program does is it "compresses" the movie. What that means is the program takes bits of video and sound out of the movie its thinks you won't miss to fit onto the single layer disc. So in reality its not a perfect copy. A little compression you won't notice..but the more you compress the more you'll notice. I burn my DVD's to dual-layer discs if they are to big for single layer. I have an NEC dual layer burner (about $50). The caveat is the dual-layer blanks are more expensive than single layer (about $1.50-$2.00 per blank). I use DVDdecrypter to burn dual-layer discs. Verbatim make the best DVD blanks.

This site has much info on burning DVD's:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/

Just go to ripit4me.org.

it is all free - no trials.

Once you have all the software downloaded and installed... copying a DVD is basically a 1 click operation people.

hooch said:
This tutorial is only half complete.

There is no mention of burning dual-layer DVD's. 99% of all movie DVD's are on dual layer disc's which hold about 8 gig. If you burn to a single layer DVD blank it can only hold 4 gig. Very rarely will you fit a movie and all of its menu's and extra's onto a single layer disc without sacrificing something. Even if you strip off all the extra's and just copy the movie it still usually won't fit. What the copying program does is it "compresses" the movie. What that means is the program takes bits of video and sound out of the movie its thinks you won't miss to fit onto the single layer disc. So in reality its not a perfect copy. A little compression you won't notice..but the more you compress the more you'll notice. I burn my DVD's to dual-layer discs if they are to big for single layer. I have an NEC dual layer burner (about $50). The caveat is the dual-layer blanks are more expensive than single layer (about $1.50-$2.00 per blank). I use DVDdecrypter to burn dual-layer discs. Verbatim make the best DVD blanks.

This site has much info on burning DVD's:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/

part way complete? sort of. when using clone dvd, you can pick whether you want to burn a vcd, dvd, or double layer dvd.

thanks poink :) im off work tomorrow so im gonna try doing it

Top Bottom