Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The next step beyond Fascims is Corporatism

Code said:
It's clear that the reason is moot.

I guess you just don't understand that if they owe no one an explanation.
It's theirs, if Moore wants he can buy it from them and get someone else to distribute it.

And just because they liked his previous flicks, doesn't mean they will think this one is good. The fact that not you think everyone makes a good product 100% of the time is retarded.

They don't owe anyone an explanation- i would have thought me saying "it is their right to do whatever they want with the film" 20 times would have made this clear to even the most obtuse, but apparently not. Even if they are not required to explain we certainly have an interest in understanding why they have suddenly decided not to distribute this film while coincidentally the president's brother has influence over the amount of taxes they pay on their theme parks.

Can someone interpret that jumbled, quasi-ebonic last sentence for me?

Lift Chief said:
im not questioning the decision per se- just the rationale behind that decision.

Dude I don't know and you don't know... until Disney themselves comes out with a statement we won't know (even if that is the truth) - but there is no real reason to believe Moore's explanation (who would have interest in blowing this up and making things up) has any more validity than anything we could speculate...

Becoming said:
Dude I don't know and you don't know... until Disney themselves comes out with a statement we won't know (even if that is the truth) - but there is no real reason to believe Moore's explanation (who would have interest in blowing this up and making things up) has any more validity than anything we could speculate...

Well, according to the article and Moore's agent, (so he very well may not be telling the truth) Eisner said that they were worried about the tax situation considering that the governor of florida is Bush's brother. So if this is true it is an insight into their rationale- hence, it's not all speculation- maybe.

Why do you have an interest in their business decision?
Are you a shareholder?

Lift Chief said:
we certainly have an interest in understanding why they have suddenly decided not to distribute this film

Lift Chief said:
Well, according to the article and Moore's agent, (so he very well may not be telling the truth) Eisner said that they were worried about the tax situation considering that the governor of florida is Bush's brother. So if this is true it is an insight into their rationale- hence, it's not all speculation- maybe.

exactly - they obviously may have something to gain by making it all up... even if a statement comes out by either side- it could likely be BS...

Becoming said:
exactly - they obviously may have something to gain by making it all up... even if a statement comes out by either side- it could likely be BS...

Yes- but what moore's agent said certainly seems reasonable, and we have no reason to think anything contrary. But- yes- speculation certainly.

Code said:
Are you a shareholder?

The general public has an interest in assuring the government is not putting pressure on businesses to curtail speech that is critical of the president. We're all "shareholders".

Code said:
Are you a shareholder?

The general public has an interest in assuring the government is not putting pressure on businesses to curtail speech that is critical of the president. We're all "shareholders".

Companies make deals with the government for tax breaks.

*IF* the case is that the government is essentially paying Disney to sit on the movie, then it's a scandal and needs to be dragged into public.

But honestly, I think it's more like this:
9/11 is an event that affect every single American, it hurt all of us. The last thing Americans really want is to hear more "what if". Everyone knows that there were a million signs that someone could have or should have picked up on.

It's time to heal.

Lift Chief said:

Top Bottom