Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 80's lakers or celtics would destroy any nba team today.

biteme said:
Yeah, Bdog. Don't take it personal. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

LOL...I'm not takin it personal dude...I'm pumped that the Lake show lost though! $700 comin my way! ;)

Im just gonna say this, Lakers were not too impressive this whole year in fact most the year they looked like shit. Now with that said they still made it to the championship. In 2001 or maybe 2000, they ran through the playoffs with only 1 loss (the year they beat Iverson and Philly). This was their best year and no Bulls team or 80's team could compete with them that year or the year they took down Indiana. Shaq in his prime, Kobe breaking out and this was when they liked to play with eachother. Maybe in the 80's there were more "teams" but the talent is far beyond in today's era. Also Jordan is the man but he did what he did in a decade of no talent. Ya the Bulls beat the Lakers in 98 but Kobe was just out of high school and he was no Lebron back then. Thank you

lakerpride said:
Im just gonna say this, Lakers were not too impressive this whole year in fact most the year they looked like shit. Now with that said they still made it to the championship. In 2001 or maybe 2000, they ran through the playoffs with only 1 loss (the year they beat Iverson and Philly). This was their best year and no Bulls team or 80's team could compete with them that year or the year they took down Indiana. Shaq in his prime, Kobe breaking out and this was when they liked to play with eachother. Maybe in the 80's there were more "teams" but the talent is far beyond in today's era. Also Jordan is the man but he did what he did in a decade of no talent. Ya the Bulls beat the Lakers in 98 but Kobe was just out of high school and he was no Lebron back then. Thank you

No talent decade? 2 of the best centers of all time (Shaq and Hakeem) were in their prime and many of the individuals named to the 50 greatest players of all time were front and center. There is more parity from team to team right now than there was 10 years ago but in terms of great players, there were many more in their prime back then. There were also more upper echelon teams. The Bulls in their best season ('96 72-10) had to beat 2 teams in the playoffs that won more than 60 games in the regular season. I can't recall the Lakers beating a single team in the last 4 playoffs with that many wins..........

bluepeter said:
No talent decade? 2 of the best centers of all time (Shaq and Hakeem) were in their prime and many of the individuals named to the 50 greatest players of all time were front and center. There is more parity from team to team right now than there was 10 years ago but in terms of great players, there were many more in their prime back then. There were also more upper echelon teams. The Bulls in their best season ('96 72-10) had to beat 2 teams in the playoffs that won more than 60 games in the regular season. I can't recall the Lakers beating a single team in the last 4 playoffs with that many wins..........

There obviously is tons of talent in every decade but the 90's was a down decade on talent. Shaq's prime year's were 99-00 and 00-01. The Bulls played against teams who had more than 60 wins because again every other team sucked cause of lack luster 90's decade.

Top Bottom