Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 80's lakers or celtics would destroy any nba team today.

canadianhitman said:
The Detroit Pistons of the 'Bad Boys' championship years were my favorite team to watch. They were basketball players with hockey players' hearts. They didn't just beat you...they beat you up in the process.

Nothing pleased me more when the Bulls smoked them in 91 and they all walked off the floor refusing to shake hands. That is the perfect lasting image of that team....

biteme said:
I've been researching. They shot at a much higher percentage as a team than any team today. Either of these teams could easily sweep the Lakers of today. Today's NBA players suck compared to the 80's players. They are largely a bunch of showboaters who don't play fundamentally sound basketball and can't shoot worth a shit.

totally agree with every word you said

Bulldog_10 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...not a chance. Who would cover shaq? And once you get him covered, who would cover malone? And then what about Kobe? Wait, there's still gary payton.

Those were great teams...but the sport changes...no old time teams could beat any of todays teams in most sports.

THe Spurs are beating their asses. This Spurs team couldn't compete with the 80's celitics and lakers.

biteme said:
I've been researching. They shot at a much higher percentage as a team than any team today. Either of these teams could easily sweep the Lakers of today. Today's NBA players suck compared to the 80's players. They are largely a bunch of showboaters who don't play fundamentally sound basketball and can't shoot worth a shit.

I argue this everyday with my dad. In the 80's and prior they played absolutley no defense what so ever thats why they had such high shooting percentages, they had no one in their face. Its called the evolution of sport. The teams today are stronger bigger and faster and the lakers now would run circles around the 80's teams. I love Magic, James and Kareem but lets get real here. The 90's bulls played in a generation of no competition, Jordan could carry his team against those weak ass teams of the 90's but he could never do that against the powerful Western conference of our era.

The Bulls played the Lakers in 98 when Shaq and Kobe were both there. Who won those games? The Bulls.. It's not like they've never played the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Malone and GP of today would make no real difference. If anything, the Lakers bench was probably better then.

John WB said:
The Bulls played the Lakers in 98 when Shaq and Kobe were both there. Who won those games? The Bulls.. It's not like they've never played the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe. Malone and GP of today would make no real difference. If anything, the Lakers bench was probably better then.

Exactly and that was with Jordan, Pippen and Rodman all over age 35.

Bulldog_10 said:
But how old was kobe in 98? And how long had shaq and kobe been playing together?

Fair enough but all I'm trying to say is that the Bulls of the 90's at their peak would crush this Lakers team with ease.

Top Bottom