Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The 80's lakers or celtics would destroy any nba team today.

The Lakers are largely overrated. The Pistons series is finally exposing this. Jordan's Bulls in their prime would completely dismantle the Lakers. They can't even compete with the Pistons.

Bulldog_10 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...not a chance. Who would cover shaq? And once you get him covered, who would cover malone? And then what about Kobe? Wait, there's still gary payton.

Those were great teams...but the sport changes...no old time teams could beat any of todays teams in most sports.

You were saying.......

Lakers should have already been swept by a no name team. They're still going down. Kobe Bryant doesn't shoot anywhere near the percentage that the great 80's players did. He takes a whole lot of shots, is the only reason he scores a lot. Allen Iverson sucks. Guy shoots right around 40%. Pathetic.

Bulldog_10 said:
They'll beat the spurs. No one on that team could stop shaq...it's just not possible. Same with the bulls...who would cover him? Horace Grant?

I don't even like the lakers...but they're just too good. If they played together as long as those guys did, they would be the best team ever...too bad they're gonna break up after this year.

Yeah, they'll break up after they get beat, nearly swept by a no name team. Sorry to rub it in.

lakerpride said:
I argue this everyday with my dad. In the 80's and prior they played absolutley no defense what so ever thats why they had such high shooting percentages, they had no one in their face. Its called the evolution of sport. The teams today are stronger bigger and faster and the lakers now would run circles around the 80's teams. I love Magic, James and Kareem but lets get real here. The 90's bulls played in a generation of no competition, Jordan could carry his team against those weak ass teams of the 90's but he could never do that against the powerful Western conference of our era.

Really? Did you mean to say the powerful Eastern conference of our era. These teams today are a joke. It's a watered down league, with a bunch of very athletic guys that can't play the game because they don't concentrate on fundamentals and they're getting paid too much to be hungry. I can't believe the # of free throws missed today and wide open jump shots. Not to mention all the missed layups that I see. Suck I tell ya.

The bulls were jordan and that was it, pippen was a joke without him.

Jordan was definately the leader, the cornerstone, the guy that kept the team together, and the best player on the team, BUT the Bulls played as a team. Their defense was much better than the Lakers. They didn't have guys that are absolutely clueless what to do like the Lakers do. They went 72-10 in 95-96 (and records close to that the preceding years). You have to be a pretty damn good team to do that. The Lakers are the two man show.

And the Bulls did make the playoffs the year Jordan was gone with baseball. It's just unquestionable that they were much better with MJ on the team.

biteme said:
You were saying.......

Lakers should have already been swept by a no name team. They're still going down. Kobe Bryant doesn't shoot anywhere near the percentage that the great 80's players did. He takes a whole lot of shots, is the only reason he scores a lot. Allen Iverson sucks. Guy shoots right around 40%. Pathetic.

Just because Detroit is going to beat them (I bet $700 on them...so I HOPE they finish them off tonight) doesn't mean shit. Just because team A can beat team B, and team B can beat team C...doesn't mean team A can beat team C. See what I'm getting at?

The Lakers look like shit right now...there's no denying that...but they're just not playing smart...almost like they don't even care. I guess if it's one thing they lack, it's heart. I still think the Lakers would kill any of those old teams...sucks we'll never know.

Yeah, Bdog. Don't take it personal. We're all entitled to our own opinion.

Top Bottom