Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

steelers can not lose

slickdadd said:
Those are some good points. Peyton doesn't get hit in the face much though and that is because he gets rid of the ball so quickly. He has faced tough D-Lines before. Granted Indy's defense is crap, but it has been better as of late, and Pittsburgh doesn't exactly jump off the page offensively. Regardless of the D they are facing.

I agree Indy is hard to judge, but they look unstoppable right now. They didn't look this good last year and they were one of the best teams in the AFC. They weren't even close to how they are this year on offense. With James back to his old self they are out of control.

I really don't see Pittsburgh making it out of the AFC. They might make it to the AFC championship depending on how the playoffs shake out, but I think they would meet either N.E. or Indy there most likely and I would take both of those teams. But hey, we'll wait and see. That's the fun of it.

Peyton probably wouldn't be on the field that much, because I don' think that Indy's D can stop the run too well. He could get pressured and sacked alot if Edgerrin is getting shut down. Its not the d line that Peyton has to worry about as much as outside blitzing linebackers. The pats and colts game this year was close. It looked like Peyton might be able to possibly win the game, when he got blindsided by Mginnest taking them out of field goal range. Blitzburgh, as usual, has some explosive linebackers. The offense has come through when they have needed to. Pittsburgh already showed that they can handle New England. Brady had to be soar after that game. :chomp: I don't feel that Corey Dillion would have changed the game around, because New England was dominated. As far as Indy, they didn't really even look that great against the Purple People eaters. Although biased, I feel that Pittsburgh could beat either of these two teams, especially at home. Don't forget about San Diego at this point either. Anyone can talk about it on paper, but we shall see what happens. Health and momentum are also key factors come playoff time.

steelers certainly have the momentum but i think thier sucess in the playoffs may be greater if they lose beforehand. they need to lose to take some pressure off of them

I remember a few years ago when eveyone was getting thier panties wet over the steelers. They were going to embarass the pats. It was the playoffs, they were at home, they had the best record in football.
And the game ended with Cower in tears.

jestros said:
I remember a few years ago when eveyone was getting thier panties wet over the steelers. They were going to embarass the pats. It was the playoffs, they were at home, they had the best record in football.
And the game ended with Cower in tears.

That was with Korky Stewart at the helm. It was inevitable that korky would fuck up.

The_Eviscerator said:
Those were busted plays where a corner or safety was blitzing. Steelers have a fast secondary, but all 4 are new this year and the only veteran is Chad Scott who is injured. No doubt Indy will be a challenge, but the secondary is meaningless. It will be the Linebackers that will be the key to stopping Indy's pass attack. If they get in and smack Peyton in the mouth, the passign attack will be nonexistent. Peyton has not faired well against the 3-4 Defense (see any New England game and any Steeler game, all losses).
at this point in the season there are no rookies
provided they've seen a significantly measurable amount of playing time

boyer said:
Peyton probably wouldn't be on the field that much, because I don' think that Indy's D can stop the run too well. He could get pressured and sacked alot if Edgerrin is getting shut down. Its not the d line that Peyton has to worry about as much as outside blitzing linebackers. The pats and colts game this year was close. It looked like Peyton might be able to possibly win the game, when he got blindsided by Mginnest taking them out of field goal range. Blitzburgh, as usual, has some explosive linebackers. The offense has come through when they have needed to. Pittsburgh already showed that they can handle New England. Brady had to be soar after that game. :chomp: I don't feel that Corey Dillion would have changed the game around, because New England was dominated. As far as Indy, they didn't really even look that great against the Purple People eaters. Although biased, I feel that Pittsburgh could beat either of these two teams, especially at home. Don't forget about San Diego at this point either. Anyone can talk about it on paper, but we shall see what happens. Health and momentum are also key factors come playoff time.
I'm with you on the San Diego darkhorse
not sure about the spread against Denver
but until then they had a very,very impressive 10-2 record against the spread
very difficult to achieve in the NFL
however,NE was right behind them at 9-3,which is even more impressive since NE is a "known" high caliber team,and the line will add~2 points against them for this

4everhung said:
I'm with you on the San Diego darkhorse
not sure about the spread against Denver
but until then they had a very,very impressive 10-2 record against the spread
very difficult to achieve in the NFL
however,NE was right behind them at 9-3,which is even more impressive since NE is a "known" high caliber team,and the line will add~2 points against them for this
I stand corrected,both NE and San Diego are 9-1-2 against the spread
Philly 9-3
Indy 8-3-1
Pitt,Baltimore and Buffalo are 8-4
besides Philly
the only NFC teams with 7 wins are Minnesota and Carolina
so it's easy to figure Philly from the NFC
but for the winner of the super bowl
NE,SD,Pitt and Indy all have a shot
you can imagine how Buffalo and Carolina recovered
they lost early,and even the oddsmakers were behind the curve on thier recovery
doesn't typically happen
the NFL changes in 4 week increments

I place a lot of credence in spread records
because without a doubt,and I mean without a doubt
the oddsmakers in Vegas and NY are by far the most knowledgeable people on the planet
concerning relative strengths and weaknesses of teams and incorporating facets unique in a team vs team match-up(let down after big game,field conditions and field conditions and weather and how it would effect a team's offensive efficiency,injuries,home field advantage and when to negate and/or augment,"look ahead" games,so called "revenge" games)these guys know it all and tkae it all and formulate a line
their effective as it's fairly diificult to succeed betting NFL
so when a team consistantly out performs the oddsmakers assessments,I'm impressed

4everhung said:
I place a lot of credence in spread records
because without a doubt,and I mean without a doubt
the oddsmakers in Vegas and NY are by far the most knowledgeable people on the planet
concerning relative strengths and weaknesses of teams and incorporating facets unique in a team vs team match-up(let down after big game,field conditions and field conditions and weather and how it would effect a team's offensive efficiency,injuries,home field advantage and when to negate and/or augment,"look ahead" games,so called "revenge" games)these guys know it all and tkae it all and formulate a line
their effective as it's fairly diificult to succeed betting NFL
so when a team consistantly out performs the oddsmakers assessments,I'm impressed

Good stuff. I agree. Indy is good against the spread though, and has been VERY good against it as of late. Killing teams. I agree that defense wins championships and in the playoffs, but offenses like this don't come around often. When they do, they usually go far. See St. Louis of a few years ago. We'll see though! A handful of really good teams and a lot of pretenders.

Top Bottom