Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprinters & the 40 yd dash

• Thread starter Thread starter AFi_04
  • Start date Start date
hey, thats funny cause on fox sports they had this thing on deion... it was a behind the scenes type thing, but anyway, bobby bowden AND FSU's track coach said they asked deion to run one meet and he won, i think it was the 100... they even showed it. don't hate on deion. and whoever thinks there aren't people running below 4.3, you have no idea...

Hey does anyone have a good workout to improve your 40 time i have 2 months before football starts I am 6'4 245lbs and my time is 4.76....also what is reasonably from now until august 9 as far as improvement?

40 times are way overrated!! Think about it, how many times in a football game does a player run 40 yards straight ahead at full speed? Maybe a receiver of kick returner but even that is not very often. Agility, abilty ot start/stop/change direction and accelerate to top speed again is much more important. The agility tests and the first 10 yards of the forty are a much better predictors of success on the filed. V3

first of all 40 times are not overrated. Speed kills. I was formerly a collegiate sprinter. Not at any D1 schools, but still i know some shit about it. I agree that sprinters run it just as fast as football players. The reason for fast sprinting is when they get out of theyre drive stage into their stride stage. Football players would keep up with sprinters for the first few 30-40 yards i garuntee that. After that the sprinters will kill em. And there is now way the women run 4.1's. I run as fast maybe a little faster than most of the women sprinters, theres now way i can run a 4.1., PEACE:fro:

Sure speed kills...but not necessarily flat out straight ahead speed unless you have the ability to accelerate/decelerate/change direction etc. Guys with the explosive power to be good sprinters do tend to have good agility and athletic ability overall but what I'm saying is just because you have a good 40 time does not necessarily mean you will be a better football player than somone who is a couple tenths of a second slower. V3

40 times are greatly inflated, just to give you an idea when I played high school ball, my coach let ti slip out that there was no one one the varsity team running slower then a 4.7 40. This was complete and total bullshit. All you had to do was watch a game and see that half the team ran like they had pianos on there backs. What is the moral of the story? People constantly lie about there stats. Case in point, I can remember when everyone was raving about Raghib Ismail. Everyone said he was the fastest man playing college ball at the time. Then he went to the Canadian League, and broke every record known up there. Next thing you know, all of a sudden everyone and there brother is only 1/10 of a sec off his pace, or there faster. But yet no one ever seemed able to chase him down, hmmm. Anyway all I'm saying is don't believe all this hyped up bullshit that alot of these people are saying.

when I ran college track I could smoke guys on 10 and 20 yard starts, but was absolutely terrible in the 100m and 200m. Hell, even the 55m seemed too long.

The fastest sprinters are usually not the quickest out of the blocks. John Drummond has a much more explosive start than Moe Greene, but has no chance after 60m.

No one runs the 40 in under 4 secs. You guys that are saying you run in 4.2's ect, ect are not getting accurate times. I'd say the fastest guys run it in no less than a 4.3.

The Man Child said:
No bro...I am a D1 football player myself, I read somewhere that these sprinters like Ben Johnson, Maurice Green, Etc...cover the same distance in the same amount of time as the fastest corners and receivers in football, its on the other 60 meters that they separate the olympic sprinters from the football sprinters. And to be honest, anyone that reports a 4.1 isn't telling the truth. Olympic sprinters are timed electronically, and the majority of the 40 yard dashes being reported at 4.2 and 4.1 are manual. I'd be shocked if someone was actually timed at below a 4.3 electronic and his name isn't Maurice Green...
Your wrong on that!!

Top Bottom