Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprinter look, routine

Also, if you are simply going for "the look," you may want to consider replacing some of the overspeed work with more uphill or regular sprints (100s, 200s, and/or 400s). The overspeed is more to work on turnover, but running stairs or doing more "regular" track work will burn more calories. since running downhill is less demanding energy-wise (though hard as hell as far as coordination is concerned). Just something to think about. And of course, if you want to get faster, the overspeed training is very important.

SO pheno, what routine would you do?
Mon: Sprints, pylos
Tuesday: Upper?
Wed: Sprint And p
Thur: Legs
Fri: Sprints?
Sat: Upper?

Sorry its been a while since I've posted, hopefully this will still be of some help Thadon. What you have down is actually perfect, and would be exactly what I would do. It's good doing plyometrics early in the week because they stress you're joints like no other, and recovering from it does take a little time. Doing legs, later in the week is also very good, because you'll still have the energy and leg strength to go on throughout the week without much soreness. One little thing that I might add onto you're schedule is limiting you're leg workouts to mostly quads and calves, and incorporate you're hamstring after one of you're sprinting days. After sprinting, I trained my hamstrings basically by doing stiff legged deadlifts with a decent but not to heavy of weight, for about 3-4sets at 6-8 very slow reps. Also incorporate using the hip flexor machine after 1-2 sprinting days and do the exercise in which you stand sideways and drive your knees up for 1-2 sets 10-12 reps. This improves your knee drive which in turn improves you're stride length and speed. Let me know how it's going:D

sprinter look huh, this makes ma laugh. If you could actually go through the training and the pain it takes to be a sprinter, which i doubt, you still may not (look) like one. Freaky abs, long muscles, road map vascularity, lean with maybe 5 percent body fat. Ill outline just a small program for you. Keeepn in mind that im going to leave out alot because i know you would not adhere to it anyway. I hope you have access to a track cause if you dont this wont work

monday,
Jog two laps, stretch , do your plyos get a stop watch and time yourself or have some one else do it for you. Run 8 200s each under 25 secs. walk back to the 200 starting point and repeat. After a few youll be wondering why you started this post.
tuesday,
jog a mile do your plyos, strecth.
wednesday,
3 500s. run each under 80 secs. rest only as long as it takes to walk leisurely back to the starting point.
thursday,
same as tuesday
friday, 12 100s each under 12 secs, remember always strecth after. do all you lifting before you run. do

do this for 8 weeks eat clean lift and dont stray from the program and youll have your (sprinter look)
later dude

It helps to have lots of fast twitch muscle fibers, and that usually means your mesomorph of somr sort, and since that look :)

sprinter look huh, this makes ma laugh. If you could actually go through the training and the pain it takes to be a sprinter, which i doubt, you still may not (look) like one. Freaky abs, long muscles, road map vascularity, lean with maybe 5 percent body fat. Ill outline just a small program for you. Keeepn in mind that im going to leave out alot because i know you would not adhere to it anyway. I hope you have access to a track cause if you dont this wont work

monday,
Jog two laps, stretch , do your plyos get a stop watch and time yourself or have some one else do it for you. Run 8 200s each under 25 secs. walk back to the 200 starting point and repeat. After a few youll be wondering why you started this post.
tuesday,
jog a mile do your plyos, strecth.
wednesday,
3 500s. run each under 80 secs. rest only as long as it takes to walk leisurely back to the starting point.
thursday,
same as tuesday
friday, 12 100s each under 12 secs, remember always strecth after. do all you lifting before you run. do

do this for 8 weeks eat clean lift and dont stray from the program and youll have your (sprinter look)
later dude

So how did you develope this routine? Where you a sprinter? Just curious because I want the same look.

Top Bottom