Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So cuming in 8th in your class at Med School is knot good?

For a prestige-oriented profession like law, coming in below the median in law school will ding you from many job opportunities... but for med, no, unless you're gunning for a high-end specialty. The AMA is pretty strict (relative to the ABA) about the number and requirements of accredited med schools. If you graduate and aren't a total aspie fuckup, you'll have your choice of jobs and do just fine.

:cow:

That's dumb. Want FP in rural areas? Want more FP in general? Make it worth our while.

FP still starts out around $100k, maybe less in rural areas, right? What's a first year FP's takehome look like after student loans and malpractice insurance?

FP still starts out around $100k, maybe less in rural areas, right? What's a first year FP's takehome look like after student loans and malpractice insurance?

the lowest ive seen is 170 guar for the first couple years. Have seen rural jobs offer as much as 400 a year, but its literally bfe. Most of the ones I've looked into are 230ish if you practice ob, 260 if you can perform c-sections. Rural areas are actually better for fp, and its actually the suburban areas that pay less because of saturation.

Rural areas are actually better for fp, and its actually the suburban areas that pay less because of saturation.

Damn, I didn't know that.

Those salaries are still better than first year BIGLAW in primary markets at $160, with grad school costs running pretty much the same. Better than finance, too, with bonuses still lacking post-recession.

Unless there are costs I'm not accounting for, $150-200k seems worth it.

Damn, I didn't know that.

Those salaries are still better than first year BIGLAW in primary markets at $160, with grad school costs running pretty much the same. Better than finance, too, with bonuses still lacking post-recession.

Unless there are costs I'm not accounting for, $150-200k seems worth it.

well thats gross. Taxes, and loan repayment are a bitch. MP is often paid for at good gigs.

Also, not all rural jobs are this good, you gotta look for them and know who to talk to, but they're there.

Top Bottom