Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher

Who is the Better Middle LineBacker

• Brian Urlacher

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Ray Lewis

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
T-Matt said:
I'd like to hear your views on..
-Deangelo Hall? He has Champ Bailey like athleticism but I think he is overrated as hell!!

Same type of player as Bailey. He is young and inexperienced. And just like Champ, he has ridiculous athleticism which allows him to be good. Once he gets some more expierience he will be the best in the league.

-Vince Young? Man, he is just continuing to be a playmaker!! He could surpass Vick's field managment by the end of this year. If they get into the playoffs watch out!! They have a solid offense and defensive line and Travis Henry has been running the rock lately!
Dumb as a rock, but has amazing instincts that make up for it. Always makes the right decision as far as when to run and when to pass. The interceptions will come down with time and he will be one of the best QBs in the league. He is a better runner then Vick. His instincts lets him choose the rights time to scramble, he is very deceptive with his speed, he is always underrated as far as speed goes. I predict him to be a top quarterback within the next couple years, especially with Fischer as his head coach.

-Troy Polumalu? he is very athletic but I think he's overrated he got scorched this past weekend TWICE.. He seems to get beat a lot deep b/c he's so commited to the run..
Haven't watched him enough to judge him. lol I despise the Steelers and avoid them at all costs.

The next breakout player offensively and defensively?
Personally...

ooo touch question.

Offense: For this season I stated: Larry Johnson and Sean Alexander would be exposed for their lack of ability. Larry Johnson has a 4.0 or something average with a still amazing line. Sean Alexander has struggled an ass load without Hutchinson. My big call was Frank Gore. I said if it wasn't for the two acl tears he would be the number 1 pick in the draft and the best RB in the NFL after a short time. But since he tore his knee I said he would still be a very good NFL back. My next predicition is a short career for Gore due to his injury problems.

Devin Hester. He is the most athletic person in the NFL, bar none. He is faster then Reggie Bush in every aspect. Just he came from bad coaching. If Lovie Smith is as good as I think he is, he will find a way to get this kid the ball. He will tell him, "look, you are going to be playing offense for your entire career in Chicago, learn how to be a reciever." At Miami, Coker had him changing between defense and offense every week and it didn't work. Once this kid gets taught how to play offense, he will be unstoppable.

Defense: Hrmmmm...hard to say.

Sean Taylor: The most athletic player on defense. Wow does Miami produce some talent. Anyways. Sean Taylor is the most physically dominating player in the NFL since Lawerence Taylor. (Trick to being a good NFL player, have the last name Taylor: Sean, Lawerence, Jason etc etc) Speed of a cornerback at 4.4, size of a 3-4 outside LB at 6-3 235-240, jumping ability of a wide reciever. His hitting ability is in his own echelon, there has never been a defensive player that scares recievers like Taylor. He has all the tools to revolutionize the safety position. BUT!!!!! He doesn't have the intelligence and expierience. He gets beat often, he gets tricked often. In the next few years I expect him to become more in tune with the game and more intelligent.

In short: He already is a top 3 safety in the NFL, but I expect him to be above Ronnie Lott in the next 3 years.

Offensively-Roy Williams-Detroit Lions.. Man, I thought for sure with Mike Martz he was going to turn out a Tory Holt like season.. (Mike Furrey has a solid season and cost me a Fantasy Football champsion!) If Roy Williams played for the old Rams he'd have 90 catches and 1400 seasons..

Needs a quarterback first! Sadly, they will draft Quinn who I am confident will be a bust.

Defensively-(Before this season I told all my friends to watch out for Aaron Kampman and he has had a helluva year) Next year, I'd watch out for Mathias Kiwanuka (if Strahan starts to have his PT limited)..
Good call with Kampman.

Best Offensive and Defensive Lineman in the game?

Offensively- Walter Jones.. See 66% of Alexander's running plays are on his side of the line.. Need I say more?
Left Tackle: Walter Jones
Left Guard: Steve Hutchinson
Center: Kreutz
Right Guard: Will Shields
Right Tackle: Dunno
Most overrated player in the NFL
Coincidently, Larry Johnson and Sean Alexander.

Defensively- Aside from Jason Taylor who is just ridiculous, just watch Casey Hampton from the Steelers, he gets double teamed EVERY play but still gets penetration like 75% of the time, it's truly amazing, he's a strong technically sound player.
My homerism tells me JT is the best player, my anti homerism tells me that I'm being a homer when I say that. But since you said it, I agree with you about JT. =P

Most disappointing player as of late? I'd have to go with OT Mike Williams.. MAN, he is a fucking freak of nature but he is as soft as Cottonelle Toilet Paper, it's a fucking shame!!!!! Athleticism wise.. Man, Chris Chambers needs a new fucking team, I swear, everytime I see him he is wide open and he makes some of the most insane catches ever.. Some one please get him a QB!!!!! Bring Dan Marino back!!!!

Hrmmmm...Not to brag but I don't see any huge disapointments often becuase I can normally tell whats going to happen. I never listen to ESPN or NFL network etc so I don't hype up the guys who don't deserve it.

As much as I hate to say it, Chambers is either a. very uninspired, or b. not very good.
1. This year he has shown no ability to beat coverage. Your route runnning skills realy are shown in the short passing game. With Harrington at QB, a QB who can't throw the deep ball and is a 100% short ball passer, Chambers has had an awful season.
2. He can't consistent catches. Me and some friends have coined the term "chamber'd." It means one play you will do a tripple backflip, blindfolded and catch the ball with 2 fingers while upside down on a 50 yard pass. The next 5 plays you drop the ball that hits you in stride on the hands with perfect placement at chest level. He is the epitome of inconsistency.

NJL52 said:
2. He can't consistent catches. Me and some friends have coined the term "chamber'd." It means one play you will do a tripple backflip, blindfolded and catch the ball with 2 fingers while upside down on a 50 yard pass. The next 5 plays you drop the ball that hits you in stride on the hands with perfect placement at chest level. He is the epitome of inconsistency.

This may arguably be the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!
:lmao: Chambered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's inconsistant because he's never had a stable QB!!!!!!

He's like, ok, gotta make a play, gotta make a play and he fucking does like you said and makes that spectacular play.. but on 1st and 10 and running a slant it hits him in the hands b/c he's like "dude, it ain't 3rd and 27 yet, wtf?"

lol

Great post man!!

T-Matt

Right Tackle-Maurice Williams Jacksonville Jaguars

T-Matt

At some point you just have to do your job and catch balls. To me a stable quarterback in not an excuse for missing easy passes

T-Matt said:
This may arguably be the funniest thing I have ever heard!!!
:lmao: Chambered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's inconsistant because he's never had a stable QB!!!!!!

He's like, ok, gotta make a play, gotta make a play and he fucking does like you said and makes that spectacular play.. but on 1st and 10 and running a slant it hits him in the hands b/c he's like "dude, it ain't 3rd and 27 yet, wtf?"

lol

Great post man!!

T-Matt

Right Tackle-Maurice Williams Jacksonville Jaguars

T-Matt

Jason Taylor is awsome but I just reember when that big Offensive lineman fronm the Jaquars humiliated him. Their match up was highlighted and he just pancaked Jason and stopped him from blitzing and all. Taylor tried to pick a fight with him and it was a calassic scene, with that big O lineman waving Taylor on to come to him. Taylor was beaten ion that game more than I ever seena D lineman.
I forgot that linemans name...was an Italian one. Doubt he is still around. He was huge though and amazingly quick.
T-Matt said:
Urlacher is THE most overrated player in the league.. The only time I get him is on Madden b/c he's 88 speed.. lol.. He will get his ass handed to him against a power running team like San Diego, Kansas City, Baltimore..

Urlacher is a GREAT blitzer, he is an average coverage LB, good tackler, but he doesn't have the brain capacity to run a defense.. Notice when the Bucs came back on them, 80% of the plays were over the middle.. The Bears run the Tampa 2 defense and in that defense, the MLB covers the middle half of the field taking away skinny posts and tight ends.. Rattay glanced at his 4th string receiver Stovall, urlacher overcommitted to him and Rattay fired back side to SORRY ass Ike Hilliard and hilliard took it to the house. Granted, Chicago was already banged up in the secondary at safety, it is the MLB responsibility in that situation.

The Bucs defense was most successful with a very smart, agile athletic Hardy Nickerson and before Shelton Quarles lost his athletic ability..

I am a huge Bucs fan and while I think that Barrett Ruud is a solid tackler and a bright kid, he doesn't have the athleticism necessary to play MLB for the Bucs.. We're in serious trouble with Brooks aging and Ryan Nece being average at best and Ruud in the middle.. The Bucs really screwed up when they let Ian Gold go back to Denver, he's a perfect LB for our system..

Hell, Urlacher might not even be the best LB on his team, Lance Briggs is better, he plays Will (weakside) and is an awesome cover corner.. Briggs and Crowell for the Bills are the most underrated LBs in the league..

Urlacher is athletic, has great acceleration, agility, and top end speed, but he just doesn't have the tenacity or instincts of a Ray Lewis.. Then again people who aren't former murder suspects usually don't have as much tenacity..

If Zack Thomas had Urlacher's athletic ability the Dolphins wouldn't give up more than 150 yards/game, guaranteed.. He may arguably be the best MLB pound for pound and inch for inch that this game will EVER see..

The best overall MLB in the game is Johnathan Vilma for the Jets.. Watch him play, he is around the ball every single play and he's one helluva guy..

The Best overall defensive player in the NFL is Jason Taylor, that guy is amazing, he just gets better every year.. How did he go to Akron?!?!?!?

T-Matt

Rvarsity said:
Jason Taylor is awsome but I just reember when that big Offensive lineman fronm the Jaquars humiliated him. Their match up was highlighted and he just pancaked Jason and stopped him from blitzing and all. Taylor tried to pick a fight with him and it was a calassic scene, with that big O lineman waving Taylor on to come to him. Taylor was beaten ion that game more than I ever seena D lineman.
I forgot that linemans name...was an Italian one. Doubt he is still around. He was huge though and amazingly quick.
Tony Boselli

Rvarsity said:

That was like 8 years ago =o
Your talking about one of the best linemen to ever play in his prime against a young and undeveloped Jason Taylor.

brian urlacher had a really good season so im gonna have to go with him he has proved himself seriously on defense... and has contributed to comeback games such as the one against the cardinals.. LT has to be the best linebacker of all time tho

Lt was the greatest. I think he was hitting the pipe in the bathroom then leveling players on the field. Ray Lewis in his prime is way better than urlacher will ever be.

Top Bottom