Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Punching Bag

Masterplan

I've been doing boxing for a few months now, and im going to start up Thai boxing in a few more months (I previously did a martial art with thai boxing, jkd and a few other arts in it for around 4 months a couple of years ago). I've had the same 4' 40kg bag for about 3 years now and im thinking of buying a new 6' one would filling it with sand be a good idea or not?

I want to make my punches harder, and knuckles and wrists stronger.

Get the 6' 100lb bag and an 80lb standard. Even though you're trying to build up your hands/wrists, make sure you wrap up. You could also build a Makiwara board for about $10. Have fun:)

Wrap up is key and becareful kicking a sand bag down low when you fist start. Shins won't be used it and you want to condtion them right and not get soft spots.

Masterplan said:
thanks for the replies, but what is a Makiwara board?
nowadays very dense foam, or traditionally a string wrapped piece of wood. is attached to a wooden stake in the ground, directions to build are on the net :) you smack the top part (the makiwara) punching or kicking

thats where i found out about it. i saw mixed responses....some said they loved it and it was essential, others said it just caused them damage to their hands after long term use and they hate it, and found a heavy bag much more useful

curious to know how others found it:confused:

Top Bottom