Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

PR's and piss off the gym again

OreoPL

New member
hey it was ME squat day for me i did chain suspended gms at 42 inches for the first time today. i got up to 235 for 1 that is funny because 2 weeks ago my max full gm was 225 i guess my stregnth has improved. after that i moved to pin pulls from knee hegiht. i did 385 for 6 then went for 405 a few weeks ago i barely repped one out. today i did 2 sets of 5 without letting go of bar between reps felt light. i guess adding the bands and chains in the past few weeks have really helped my explosiveness. i have also added concentric loading on squats. just like a chain suspened gm but off a box in squat form.

:D :D :D
anyhow now for the fun part the prs were great but the best part was when a guy who works at the gym came over and told me i needed to stop doing pin pulls because i was going to break the bar hitting it on the pins with that kind of weight. i told him to get a stronger bar then and leave me alone. he was like u can do them off the floor i looked at him laughed and said do you know waht i am doing "i said pin pulls you know u pull off of a pin not off the ground" and again he said u can do it off the floor. i turned away picked up the bar and continued and ignored him and his ignorance. all an all a great day at the gym oh yeah and today was a cheat day on my diet i have been doing for 5 weeks no break maybve that is where the stregnth came from or maybe alittle of everything mixed.:p :fro:
 
nice work man. i was doing deads and my gym a month ago, and one of the fitness crew guys came over and said exactly this, "what kind of crazy lift is that?" i just looked at him and laughed. he then asked "looks like yer just trying to act strong to impress people." then i looked at him and said "sounds like yer a complete dipshit, go assist someone on the curl machine."

gotta love "personal trainers" with no training.
 
Lee said:
nice work man. i was doing deads and my gym a month ago, and one of the fitness crew guys came over and said exactly this, "what kind of crazy lift is that?" i just looked at him and laughed. he then asked "looks like yer just trying to act strong to impress people." then i looked at him and said "sounds like yer a complete dipshit, go assist someone on the curl machine."

gotta love "personal trainers" with no training.

lol. there's plenty of them.

nice job on the PRs, PL
 
thnaks and yeah alot of the trainers are dumb!! but i have met 2 of them that are really interested in the bands and chains and box and one had heard of louie simmons. the other one had gone to football camp and used some of the methods. so its cool they are the reason i am still there they cover my back when the other trainers get on me. the best was when i asked the manager about getting a glute ham raise and rev hyper. he looked at me and said what is a glute ham raise and whats it for. i said ummm hmmm let me think gluetes and hams maybe just maybe. it was great i am sure they wont get one but damn it was worth a shot. ;)
 
Nice PR's

And as far as pt's go...the majority of them are worthless. Anyone can buy a certificate these days...and as long as you tow the company line and push their products, programs and services Fitness Centers will hire you.

Isn't it funny that possible the greatest strength coach in the country "had to buy his way out of high school", as he put it.
 
yep the prs were great but gotta destroy them on sunday;)
and yeah pts can be fools but they are also not allowed to teach deadlift squats or gms per golds gyms rules what a joke. ah well make me stronger than the other fools there that dont hcae a clue.:fro:
 
"looks like yer just trying to act strong to impress people."

what a low self esteem dipshit –_saying that to you while training. :mad: He probably used to be the strongest guy in the gym. In walked you. :)

these type of guys kill me.

i was pulling 425 or so over the weekend (just straight sumo deads) and of COURSE some asshole has to come over and get my attention. i take the headphones off and he tells me how he was doing it for sets of 10 until he tore his back up doing deads. I just said "great lift. but dont tell me about deadlifting injuries now." and put the headset back on. I'm not there looking for chatter or compliments or strength comparisons. im always polite until someone says something stupid like that. A trainer that doesnt know what deads are telling me im trying to look strong would have to be shown what a weakling i am in the parking lot at quitting time. damn rude.:mad:
 
Nice work on the PR's.

I guess I'm lucky, I've been at my gym for about 4 years now and no one bugs me. All I get is stares. ( Feeds my desire to do better.) One guy in four years came over last week while I was doing deadlifts and asked if they help work the hamstrings then really pumped me up telling me that he saw me doing heavy weights and that he never saw anyone doing that much in the gym. (Talk about a big head, I could bearly get my head through the door to go home and tell the wifey.)

Thought I'd share a "not pissed off story".
 
The one trainer at my gym helped me get started on deadlifts and showed me different types, he grinned and told me I'd enjoy doing them after he'd shown me. They don't have an area where you can do deads but if you go there late when lots have left then you can make space and there's usually only the serious people left in the gym so no one bats an eyelid at whatever you do.

Trainers are just like regular people, you get good and bad. My favourite gym incident remains the time a guy thought the calf raises I was doing were squats and told me I had to bend my legs and not go on tip toes, and proceeded to do squats whilst only bending his legs by maybe 20degrees at the most.
 
Parabellum's post reminded me of a gym I went to in Buffalo NY. No one talked to me for the first 6 months I was there, about month 7 a guy looked over and said " you've been in here before? Haven't you?". At 5'11" 185lbs, no one considered talking to me worth the effort, neverless to say this place was hardcore. Learned a lot there BTW.
 
I know the Pt at the ymca i go to. We get in debates all the time about deep squats, rep range, using a beltetc. Hes a good guy and its all in fun.
 
great job on the pr's. it's always fun setting new ones. keep up the hard work. i too just did chain gms for first time and love em.
 
I got told the way I lift oly/wsb was "stupid" and worthless by a trainer at my gym. Gotta love guys twice your age, half as strong, and a hundred and twenty lbs lighter telling you that you train stupid.
 
lol i am loving the storys and they are all so true. i gave up helping peopel no one beleives me because i am 6 2 175 pounds(way to small) there like look at this 20 year old kid he couldnt teach me shit. then i put my 405 on the bar and go at it maybe they would take a clue but some people are just hopeless i assume and think that size is everything there is to lifiting. ah well just makes me have a better coefficient in the end;)
 
These stories are great.

I personally havent ran into anything like that before. The only thing I have run into was in the middle of a squat rep, the pt came over and asked me how I was doing today. Talk about breaking someones concentration.

I need to get some headphones so nobody can talk to me:D

I have seen 1 other person in my gym do deads and only 3 other people do squats. Everyone is stuck to the pec deck and curl machine.

Its all good though, I never have to wait for the squat rack, or anything for that matter. All the free weights are usually open.
 
Hannibal said:


Isn't it funny that possible the greatest strength coach in the country "had to buy his way out of high school", as he put it.

Explain please, I'd like to hear the stories :)
 
Tarheel said:
Explain please, I'd like to hear the stories :)

No real story to tell I just remember Louie Simmons saying how he almost didn't graduate high school. And he has no "certification" of any kind. However his results speak for themselves.

The end justifies the means.
 
They have a bunch of new trainers in my gym - got to be right out of high school. They barely smile, don't even look like they like what they are doing, and all they do is talk about everything except exercise - and barely know the right way to show anybody. I have to laugh because I have such enthusiasm when I work out and they told me they only want young people as trainers (there was a time when I was thinking of being a trainer). I felt like I had alot to offer other people but after that remark they can have all their young no enthusiastic trainers!
 
Top Bottom