Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pro/college football players

who knows if this is you but if it is....for one YOUR FUCKIN NASTY!!! if you live up to half your hype you'll be one of the greats. Secondly do you really think grabbin a few boards on a squad that clearly isn't goin anywhere worth jepordizing your draft status?

Baddogg sorry so long for the reply. So far I have Atlanta, San Diego, and Buffalo pretty sure I won't go in draft just because they only take two maybe three fullbacks in the whole draft. But I'm cool with playing for the league minimum--or even being on practice squad for that matter. This is something I've dreamed of since I was playing in my peewee popwarner days. Later--kmc

wow man that is great..I'm in high school right now. I am hoping to be awsome this year but I ain't very strong or fast. I just wondered what you guys do to help yourself out nutririon wise,supplements and what kinda stuff that I could do to be awsome.

PS Good luck

Baddogg, what position do you play? When I was in highschool I just ate everything in sight because my metabolism was so high. And I'm sure your coaches love to run your ass off like mine did--so I wasn't concerned about getting fat. I think the one thing that will impress most coaches is your work ethic--on and off the field. That means hitting the weightroom hard in the offseason and busting your ass every day in practice. If you work hard, set goals, and don't listening to anyone who may discourage your efforts, you will be able to excel as an athlete. You must have confidence in your abilities. Don't worry about getting a scholarship or going Div.I right now, just take small steps at a time; just try and improve each season. I played for a non-scholarship DII school and that still didn't discourage me. You would be amazed at how many DI caliber athletes are overlooked each year.

As far as supplements are concerned, all I took in H.S. was creatine, protein, and a multivitamin. In regards to training, I think most H.S. coaches are too preoccupied with strength and having their kids lift heavy weights rather than actually putting muscle on their kids. In addition to my strength program I had at school (which sucked) I went to the gym everyday after school and did more of a body building routine. So even though my coaches would get pissed that I wasn't following their program to a "T" (all I did were the squats/cleans/deads/bench) I was still the strongest on the team and I put on about 15-20lbs/year since I came in as a freshman. One word of advice though--BE CAREFUL OF OVERTRAINING--many H.S. kids do this and wonder why they don't make huge gains.

And last--enjoy every moment of your H.S. football career, there will never be anything like it. Once you get to next level, it becomes more of a business and politics get involved--but if you have a passion for the game like I do, that won't make a difference. Good luck in your upcoming season!--kmc

Thanks for the advice man. I can't wait for this upcoming season. I play defensive end. Im a little small for the position(5'10 185lbs) but that's ok. I know what you mean by overtraining. I think the thing that helped me the most is squats, I am just discovering why squats are so great. we aren't running a whole lot during our workouts right now and plus I gain weight fairly easy so I don't eat alot of fatty foods. I don't much about college football but I would say it is rough as crap.

Hey baddogg,

The best advice, is take your time and enjoy playing the game for what it is. Cause when you get up in college and in the pro's it gets so serious it "can" take the fun away. I played in college and was lucky enough to play in the Pro's as well. Though, I had the time of my life playing. high school Ball was just so simple. and uncomplcated. I'm not trying to deter you in anyway, I wish all ballers the best of luck. May your bodies hold up and you have the time of your lives as well.

guys that played college football--- How was it during the season balancing classes with practice and workouts. Also did you guys do your workouts together(lift then run afterwards) or did you run in the morning and then lift after classes in the offseason?

Top Bottom