Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Plyometrics

MinnBB28

I am just curious on what people out there think of plyo's, in my experience I have seen good results. Anyone have any feed back for me? Need to gahter so information, I have done research from the net, but would like to hear some other point of views.

always fearful of the poetential damage caused to joints fom it.....but the explosivness can only be good

Plyometrics are great in baseball when you need to get a jump on the ball or in base stealing but you must ease into the routine as it can be hard on the joints

A huge impact on sports. As said before, they must be eased into workouts. When i train athletes, I like them to meet certain requirements on core lifts before i introduce plyometrics to them. Never do them more then 2 times a week and always rest in between sets and off days. Recovery is the most important thing when dealing with plyometrics.

Cheers

plyos and explosive lifting.. 8 inches..should'nt be a problem..unless the vertical is mad high rite now.. the higher it is the harder to improve it....

If you've never done plyo's before then start slow. If you don't start slow you will actually see adverse effects and therefore performance will decrease.

Start off with Jumps For Height - Stand under a b-ball hoop and try touching the rim or more every time you jump. Use both feet for now. . Do not take a running start; squat down and explode. Upon landing, reload, and do it again. Do 5 sets of 5 jumps

Then do tuck jumps- Jump as high as you can and while in the air, tuck your legs in, so that you basically form a human ball. Upon landing, reload and expload has quickly as possible. Try to minimize ground contact. Do 5 sets of 5 jumps.

After about 5 weeks of this replace jumps for height with one footed jumps for height. Do the same directions, only use one foot, and make sure to rotate feet. Do 5 sets of 5 reps for each foot.

Remember, plyo's work best when you have about 2 days of rest in between. Lift on seperate days of when you do plyos'. Give me a hollar if you have any questions.

i did a ply program

the program that i did told me to do it 5 days a week. it worked for me. but to stop or to help prevent injury do it on a soft surfs grass lots of carpets.

5 days a week??? IMO that is the worst thing you could do when performing plyometrics. It may have worked for you, but it won't for most, and you probably would have seen better results had you cut down the frequency and focused on rest and recuperation. However it is alright to rotate upper body and lower body plyometrics. Doing plyometrics 5 days a week is putting a huge strain on the muscles. Plyometrics are intended to stretch,strengthen, and improve nerve impulses in fast twitch fibers. When you perform plyometrics on consecutive days, you are not completely recovered from prior sessions. Thus when you're performing them, your fast twitch fibers are not working to full capacity. In turn the slow twitch fibers begin to be worked. Which is a very bad thing when dealing with plyometrics.

Top Bottom