Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic swimming shouldn't deserve so many medals

• Thread starter Thread starter c0tt0n m0uth
  • Start date Start date
mwm5 said:
they had suits the last olympics too didn't they?

Not like these ones. These are fairly new, I think they had them at last years' worlds which is where all these records started getting broken.

ponyfitness said:
Not like these ones. These are fairly new, I think they had them at last years' worlds which is where all these records started getting broken.

i thought it was supposed to be the shallow chinese pool, that also has the drains arranged in a special way, that has been making it possible to shatter all the records

Phelps probably has a genetic deformity that gives him an advantage. There was that Austrian skier in the 1970's who produced three times the normal amount of red blood cells and he has endurance like a horse.

I read the Chinese are currently doing genetic manipulation for military purposes. If you think they did well this year just wait.

The announcer last night also said that the girls are taken from their homes at age 3, then stuck in training, being permitted to see their parents only one month out of the year. Amazing.

ponyfitness said:
Bullshit. Do you even know what the suit does? It makes the wearer more streamlined and able to cut through the water with less resistance. Tell me how that wouldn't help during any stroke.

And yeah, there are people breaking records in one semi, then it gets broken again in the next semi, and then again in the final. It's ridiculous.

Phelps is either genetically perfect or on something. Time will tell. People didn't think Lance Armstrong won 6 Tours without being on drugs either - he just hid it better than anyone else.

Yes, I know what the suit does as it's been talked about to a ridiculous degree and have read an article about it. It does not help with breast and butterfly to the degree that it does in free and back.

Phelps isn't perfect he's just a perfectly conditioned athlete. He is rarely the fastest with his stroke but he is consistent. He gets huge leads on his turns, which he spent the last 4 years mastering them because they were a weakness in Athens, and by maintaining a punishing pace. I played soccer for one of the best teams in the nation when I was younger. We were the best not always because we had better skills but because our teams were conditioned extremely well. We played just as hard, just as fresh in the second half of the game as we did the first.

Also, it's already been previously mentioned, this pool at the Olympics is an engineering marvel. It was designed to be an extremely fast pool.

Is Phelps on something? Only Phelps and his coaches know. I'd like to think no but you never can be certain. His coach noticed his olmpic potential at age 11. He's 23 now.

jackangel said:
phelps is part of some IOC program which involves his being tested much more than normal...twice per week. or so i saw on TV the other day.

That's BS. I'd say twice a month, max.

he is tested after every single race, something he was not happy with the process the other night when he had only an hour in between the 2 medal races

Top Bottom