Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic swimming shouldn't deserve so many medals

• Thread starter Thread starter c0tt0n m0uth
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, tennis and volleyball are done in open air, and swimming is in the water.
Badminton is a cool sport man, and I think we here should start to make the magic of it happen again.

walliwalibus said:
Yeah, tennis and volleyball are done in open air, and swimming is in the water.
Badminton is a cool sport man, and I think we here should start to make the magic of it happen again.

So then is water polo a sport or not?

nefertiti said:
lol...gymnastics DO have medals in specific skills. Your score in the team competition enters you into the all around and the individual events later on.

LOL. Wow.

Those are unique events though. High bar, floor, pommel, vault are all fundamentally different skillsets. A good analogy to swimming might be One-Handed Highbar, Conventionial Highbar, Small Floor, Large Floor, Full Pommel, Half Pommel, etc. In other words, just twists on the same basic skill sets.

RottenWillow said:
I think you make a good point. Other Olympic sports award medals for either different events altogether or the same event for different distances. I can't think of any other sport that offers medals for each technique the athlete might use to cover a distance or perform a feat.

swimming is pretty much exactly like track/field in this topic.

not every swimmer does butterfly, not every swimmer does back stroke, not every swimmer does breast stroke. very different techniques.

BIKINIMOM said:
So then is water polo a sport or not?

Sure water polo is a sport, is it in thy Olympics, I dunno as I am not watching them because them come on while I am working. Do the swimmers pee in the pool like most others when they get in? Just curious.

Man - and Indian one the first ever individual Gold medal for India for air rifle shooting in the 10metre event. WTF - can someone explain how they make shooting at lengths of 10m's an event to win a medal?

mwm5 said:
swimming is pretty much exactly like track/field in this topic.

not every swimmer does butterfly, not every swimmer does back stroke, not every swimmer does breast stroke. very different techniques.

The Old Grump was a competitive swimmer/ocean life guard back in the day. He told me that his coach always put him in the events he hated most.. LOL and couldn't figure it out till recently. The coach made the decision based on his genetics and ability.

Swimming is a bitch. Anyone who thinks it isn't a sport needsta try to swim a lap without feeling like they are going to die.

BIKINIMOM said:
Swimming is a bitch. Anyone who thinks it isn't a sport needsta try to swim a lap without feeling like they are going to die.

i can do a mean doggy paddle :artist:

Top Bottom