Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic swimming shouldn't deserve so many medals

• Thread starter Thread starter c0tt0n m0uth
  • Start date Start date
C

c0tt0n m0uth

I find it akward that in swimming there is a medal placing in so many different categories, lenths and strokes, yet it's all obviously going to be the best swimmer that wins about everytime.

There should only be one olympic medal for all the strokes and one medal for the diff lengths and just have it how gymnastics has it. You don't see gymnast teams getting medals for every high bar, parallel bars, rings etc. It's all accumulated points at the end

Same thing goes especially for all the different swimming relay categories, it's all basically the same swimming team just with a changed stroke! That's like giving Team USA basketball a medals for games they are only aloud to shoot left handed, only aloud to shoot right handed games, only aloud to layup games, only dunking games, only freethrow games, only 3pt shot games, etc. You think they won't still win all of those? :rolleyes:

stephen4327 said:
you shouldnt say anything, if you dont really know what you are talking about. obviously you dont.

+1

there are a lot of sports that get "medals" this way. The same swimmers don't do EVERY stroke and length.

Kinda like saying a sprinter in track/field does high jump, 800m, 2 mile race. Doesn't work this way.

c0tt0n m0uth said:
I find it akward that in swimming there is a medal placing in so many different categories, lenths and strokes, yet it's all obviously going to be the best swimmer that wins about everytime.

There should only be one olympic medal for all the strokes and one medal for the diff lengths and just have it how gymnastics has it. You don't see gymnast teams getting medals for every high bar, parallel bars, rings etc. It's all accumulated points at the end

Same thing goes especially for all the different swimming relay categories, it's all basically the same swimming team just with a changed stroke! That's like giving Team USA basketball a medals for games they are only aloud to shoot left handed, only aloud to shoot right handed games, only aloud to layup games, only dunking games, only freethrow games, only 3pt shot games, etc. You think they won't still win all of those? :rolleyes:

I think you make a good point. Other Olympic sports award medals for either different events altogether or the same event for different distances. I can't think of any other sport that offers medals for each technique the athlete might use to cover a distance or perform a feat.

lol...gymnastics DO have medals in specific skills. Your score in the team competition enters you into the all around and the individual events later on.

LOL. Wow.

Top Bottom