Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nomar traded

adam wj

Banned
god damnit

someone else please explain the point of trading him to me? if there was any year we had a (theoretical) shot this was it.. and we just :toilet: it

:kaioken:

oh, and the yanks got esteban loaiza for contreras

I know bro, talk about fuckin the hole baseball world, it does strengthen my choice of picking the cubs, but what the fuck???? and for real, what the fuck was the chi sox doing besides fucking the rest of the basball world over for???

Best thing about the trades is that the Yanks didn't get ANYTHING they truly wanted.....thank GOD.....E.L. is a decent pitcher, but NOT RJ!

JKurz1 said:
Best thing about the trades is that the Yanks didn't get ANYTHING they truly wanted.....thank GOD.....E.L. is a decent pitcher, but NOT RJ!

True but it is still a rise in their pitching staff compared to what they had. To me it seems like the yankees got a godo player, and the red sox lost a good player!!

green iguana said:
Lopsided trade. Cubs are instant wild card favorites now.

agreed

the sox are 0-2 post nomar with 2 good starts from lowe and pedro.. i know its only 2 games but fuck man talk about same ol story :rolleyes:

When Nomar left Boston so did my allegiance to the Red Sox. :kaioken:

Ok not really, but damn I was pissed! :jump:

JKurz1 said:
The New York Yankees are reportedly on the verge of adding another former All-Star to their talent-laden roster.

The New York Post and New York Times reported Monday night that former Mariners first baseman John Olerud was close to finalizing a deal to join the Bronx Bombers.

The Post reported that the Yankees were planning a Tuesday afternoon news conference.

The addition of Olerud, a two-time All-Star and a three-time Gold Glove winner, would bring the number of former All-Stars on the Yankees' roster to 19.

Olerud would provide depth at first base for the Yankees, who are without Jason Giambi, on the disabled list while recovering from a benign tumor. Miguel Cairo has been the Yankees' backup first baseman with Giambi out.

Giambi is expected to return before the end of the season, but his timetable is uncertain.

"Olerud is going to get a chance to play," manager Joe Torre said.

Once Olerud is ready, he will start and Tony Clark will assume the backup role, Torre said.

Olerud was hitting .245 with five homers and 22 RBI in 77 games when he was released July 23 by the Mariners. He was in the final year of his contract, earning $7.7 million this season.

The 35-year-old Olerud hit an AL-leading .363 with Toronto in 1993, when the Blue Jays won their second straight World Series title. He has a career average of .295.

Olerud has 2,143 hits, 244 homers and 1,167 RBI in his career. He spent five seasons with the Mariners, helping them win a major league record-tying 116 games in 2001 and reach the AL championship series in 2000 and '01.

Top Bottom