Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NFL Running Backs

Thick dog

Marshall Faulk- Clearly the best allaround back in the league and the best player overall, I think. Great moves and speed, not to mention a tough runner...similar to a younger Emmitt Smith, only faster but not as strong

Edgerrin James- Great all around back, hits hole hard, great vision, good hands, lacked the burst last year that he had in rookie year, but still young and will only improve.

Fred Taylor- If he stays healthy, he is by far the best(if not only) big play back in the league. Has great size(225lbs and incredible speed) Best big play guy since Barry Sanders.

Corey Dillon- Good size, decent speed and moves. Seems to have good vision as well. Tough to compare him to anybody because I haven't seen to many of his games

Jamal Lewis- Tough physical runner with really good acceleration who hit shole really hard. He kind of reminds me of a young Terrell Davis

Eddie George- Big runner with good speed who is very consistant. Seems like his numbers are the same every year, about 1400 yds, 10 tds 4.0 average

Emmit Smith- getting old but still productive, he will retire as one of the top 4 running backs of all time, based on his numbers and accomplished

There's lots of others, but I'm getting tired of typing

Of the rookies, Tomlinson looks to have solid ability, but I think Michael Bennet's incredible speed gives him the biggest upside...

RICKY!!! IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY, HE WILL DOMINATE ALL BACKS. THATS A BIG "IF" THOUGH. HE IS THE SHIT.

KAYNE

you cocksucker thick.. this was to be the last installment.. it was going to end with a huge argument about barry sanders, emmitt smith, walter payton, and jim brown.. but you have ruined that so..............

DUCE- (duh), if he comes back 100% then he will be a top 3 back in the NFC and that says something considering faulk, williams, smith, davis, are all in the nfc.. it seems the best backs are NOW in the afc, where in the 80s and 90s the afc was more of a passing league, down the field style...

anyway...

corey dillon- to do what he does with that offensive line, that qb.. its amazing... the thing is, the bengals had an offensive attack until pickens left and scott broke his leg.. but last year showed dillon was for real... if he gets a stable passing game he is gonna end up being one of the best big backs in recent years, easily..

eddie george- see the other post.. he is awesome, i love his power and build.. he would be my choice for a franchise load carrier... but, his career is nearing an end already... .no way will he make it past 10 years in the league.. he will be lucky to make it there... takes too many hits and carries far too much.

bennet stepped into a good situation, should be very solid as a rookie... he needs to thank the draft gods.

fullback cecil martin, yes another eagle.. he is insanely unsung and sooner or later is gonna get some spotlight.. he was daynes blocking back in college and can catch and turn up field.. he hits and blocks....

i love ricky williams, he has power and speed and them fucking quads look enormous... how'd ya like to take him on head on? that would hurt. that is, if you hit him, he has that special ability to get right up to you and make you miss and look silly.

priest holmes- ya, he is good enough to feature in KC, hell he was good enough in baltimore but they drafted a more explosive guy who took over... holmes has produced constantly though.

erict rhett.. hahahahahaha

warrick dunn- shifty big play guy like faulk... but unlike faulk or barry he cannot be the 20-25 carry guy for a season... he wouldnt be nearly productive enough, he works well in the non featured offense of the bucs... sharing carries is best for him.

charlie garner- people thought he was so good in philly cuz he HAD to be... then he went to san fran and was a fantasy god... now he gets to go to oakland with a team on the verge of a big year... he should fit in well, especially with wheatley there to shoulder some of the carries... garner will catch the ball a lot and make shifty moves, he has some pop in him too, the guy made me laugh when he was with the birds cuz he would just come at you...

ATRAIN- chicago got a good all downs back, he wont break games open but he will be a solid carrier who is reliable... he will give them some options.

jamal anderson- i remember telling all my buddies about htis guy after i saw him after 2 weeks in his rookie year.. he would do this stiff arm and lay LBs on their back.. it was funny to see.. that knee injury sure did screw him up a bit but its been 2 years now and he should have all the power back, he should be better than last year.

to tell you my style of backs i like..

jonathon linton.. he is now in tennessee and will be eddie g's back up... he'll get a chance sooner or later but better stop dropping the ball.

Dillon is for real - big numbers all by himself, no help.

Faulk is the best - one of the best backs ever because he is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He can hurt you in so many ways.

Eddie George is a punisher. He wears teams down and gets his hundred yards week in and week out. He doesn;t break 75 yarders but he gets his numbers.

Fred Taylor neds to stay healthy so we can see how good he really is.

What do we think about the rookie Tomlinson? Legit?

1. Eddie George
2. Eddie George
3. Eddie George
4. Hmmm . . . Eddie George
5. Ricky Williams (reluctantly if healthy)

Oh did I forget to mention Eddie George?

my personal favorites(current) are

1. shaun alexander-can be great if given the chance.
2. ricky williams- needs to stay healthy.
3. mike alstott- i know he's a fullback but man he is bad!
4. eddie george

M Faulk
E James
C Dillon anybody can run that well with teams keying on you as the only threat is a hoss.....sorry Naty he's a stud
E George
R Williams.....needs to stay healthy to prove he is all that.......
E Smith.....end of the road, but is a vet and knows how to run behind a line
Fred Taylor....see R Williams
:D

Top Bottom