Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help with increasing my 40yd dash time!!!

Need For Speed

Well.... Here is what my routine looks like right now, to work on speed, I'm 5'9 225lbs. (Running Back)

Warm up
Stretching
Starts:Form Starts x 5 reps @ 15yards (start from 40y sprint form)
Position starts x 5 reps @ 15 yards (start from Football stance)

Sprints: Buildups x 4reps @ 60 yards (building up speed for 40y then slow down for 20y)
Hollow sprints x 2 reps @ 100 yards ( alternate half speed for 20y then at full speed for 20y )

Plyometrics: Powerskips for distance x 2 reps @ 40y
Bounding x 2 reps @ 40 yards ( this is where you push off forcefully with the front leg, and simultaneously drive the back legs knee up and out to develop max hang time).

Resisted Drills: Harness Drills x 4 reps @ 50 yards ( gill power Sled)
Then hill sprints or stadiums x 5 reps @ 100 yards or 30 steps.

What works for explosive speed/power is power cleans.
They are the best weights exercise for speed.

Other than that, squats, short sprints:10 metres(you can use weights here too, backpack) 20 metres, 30 and 40-45 metres.

Make sure you warm up and stretch before every weights session and stretch soon after(5 mins max)

Eat enough protein to rebuild the broken down muscle and build new tissue.
I would also use creatine monohydrate as it increases ATP(adenosine triphosephate) levels which are taxed very hard during sprints and power events.
It will also increase strength and power(strength and speed = power!)

Good luck mate

Protienfarts- i also use that nebraska program..or did use it..

i have also used the workout from high powerd plyometrics which was exellent for increasing my explosivness.

eat clean, lift hard and explosively, speed train and use plymetrics.

work fast to be fast

If you're stuck and you think you've done everything, what has worked for worldclass sprinters is concentrating on how to increase their stride. That means driving your knees higher and extending your feet out farther back with every stride. The main way to increase your stride by lifting is increasing your hip flexor muscles which insert around the coxal (pelvic) bone. On a hip flexor machine, stand with your knee against the pad, then drive the knee up for 10-12 reps. Overall, the hip flexor muscles drive the knee up which in turn can increase your stride.

Longer stride + same running tempo = increased speed/shorter 40 yrd dash time :evil:

Top Bottom