Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NAACP thinks Vick should still play NFL football ,..

The NAACP needs to stop fighting the fight for some guy who was making $60 million a year in contracts and endorsements and pick some real issues to deal with. I mean they all come out of the wood work for this poor black man . Give me a fucking break.

Oh and the feds could give a fuck about some dog fighting. This is all about illegal UG gambling. It aint a black or white issue. Its a green issue.

If Uncle Sam aint getting his cut you better be prepaired to be fucked with.

gjohnson5 said:
Well I did say that Don Imus should be fired for his comments...
If you worked a civilian job and were charged with this , you'd probably get fired

I guess the shoe fits

Exactly.

While I disagree with you about Imus, If Joe Schmoe did this he would be fired and no one would be bothered.

mountain muscle said:
Exactly.

While I disagree with you about Imus, If Joe Schmoe did this he would be fired and no one would be bothered.
He's already going to be fired. An outright ban says not only are you fired but you're never allowed to work in the industry ever again. (gimme a break with the AFL/AFL2 comments). That's a bit harsh.

Dial_tone said:
He's already going to be fired. An outright ban says not only are you fired but you're never allowed to work in the industry ever again. (gimme a break with the AFL/AFL2 comments). That's a bit harsh.

The league can do whatever they want.

He fucked himself up and deserves what is coming.

If he was white, would you give a shit?

mountain muscle said:
The league can do whatever they want.

He fucked himself up and deserves what is coming.

If he was white, would you give a shit?
I don't give a shit now. If somebody walked up and put a bullet in his temple tomorrow I'd say "hey, more oxygen for me".

My point is that if everyone votes with their wallet an outright ban is not necessary.

1. He's going to be in jail until the 2009 season at which point...
2. the NFL will suspend him for another year if not two so he's likely looking at 2010 or 2011.
3. Any team that takes him has to deal with fan backlash, season ticket cancellations, advertisers bolting, picketing at games.

Who is going to take that risk for a QB that will have been out of the league 3-4 years at that point? Why bother? The payoff is not there.

Rather than ban violence and nudity on tv we tell people to just not watch. If enough people turn the channel they'll stop showing that stuff on their own. Nobody will want Michael Vick in 2010 so no need to ban him either. Let the open market determine what it wants to buy/watch....and on that note Don Imus should NOT have been fired.

gjohnson5 said:
Well I did say that Don Imus should be fired for his comments...
If you worked a civilian job and were charged with this , you'd probably get fired

I guess the shoe fits
Don Imus should not have been fired. Nobody had to listen to his show. Its one of the many freedoms we have. If you don't like what he says on his show you don't have to listen, simple as that. I've never listened to his show, and thats because I choose not to. I listen to other radio shows, and sometimes the things I here on them piss me off, But I don't blame the show. I'm the one who chose to listen. Its nobody elses fault. This fuckin country is turning into a bunch of sensitive little bitches!!

Tytan said:
There are guys that have cases against people who are still playing in the league. Some guy was charged w/ vehicular manslaughter and is still playing, so why not. He won`t get a big contract again.
leonard little has 2 dui's and a vehicular manslaughter charge and still plays.

Top Bottom