Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my precontest pics, 7 days left. advice please!

Last week prep honestly depends on many factors.
The primary of which is how have you dieted for the show?

If you went with a Keto approach I would definatly be very very cautious about carb loading. You body would be extremyl carb sensitive and chances are you would wash out even with a very small amount of carbs. Your best bet in that case is to cut water the friday night before the show and fat load on something like walnuts(a handful every couple hours or so) or organic peanut butter(2 spoonfuls every few hours). Chances are you wont need anymore than maybe 20 mg of lasix that night to strip away the final water from your glutes and hamstrings. Dont stop your regular diet either. Drastic changes result in drastic changes. I see most guys come in either 50% worse or 5% better when they go crazy on last minute prep.

If you went with a more cyclical carb appraoch and your body handles carbs well then it may be worthwhile to do 2-3 days of carb loading and water depletion. With this approach lasix or dyazide is recommended the final 1-2 days. Hopefully you have been drinking roughly 2 gallons a day and have some sodium in your diet in this case. AS a general rule carb loading should involve no more than 3x your moderate carb days and selection of carbs is very important. This a unique thing but in my experience brown rice and oatmeal are your best bets. Dont do things like yams since they contain fructose and really dont force the insulin spike you want in order to increase hardness.
so basic rules of carb loading/sodium depletion
1: Water: cut water by 1/3 wed, another 1/3 thursday, sip throughout day friday
2: sodium: cut at roughly the same ratio as water but DONT CUT IT OUT ENTIERLY. that will flatten you out like a pancake.
3. Carbs: Wednesday injest 3x normal day, thursday 2x normal day, Friday normal carb intake, day of the show, same as friday.

again I wish i knew your whole regimen. but hopefully this helps.
there are other methods like creatine loading/ glycerol loading and stuff but the KISS principal is always best.

This is one good bro!

Glad to see you on here Wulfgar!

Last week prep honestly depends on many factors.
The primary of which is how have you dieted for the show?

If you went with a Keto approach I would definatly be very very cautious about carb loading. You body would be extremyl carb sensitive and chances are you would wash out even with a very small amount of carbs. Your best bet in that case is to cut water the friday night before the show and fat load on something like walnuts(a handful every couple hours or so) or organic peanut butter(2 spoonfuls every few hours). Chances are you wont need anymore than maybe 20 mg of lasix that night to strip away the final water from your glutes and hamstrings. Dont stop your regular diet either. Drastic changes result in drastic changes. I see most guys come in either 50% worse or 5% better when they go crazy on last minute prep.

If you went with a more cyclical carb appraoch and your body handles carbs well then it may be worthwhile to do 2-3 days of carb loading and water depletion. With this approach lasix or dyazide is recommended the final 1-2 days. Hopefully you have been drinking roughly 2 gallons a day and have some sodium in your diet in this case. AS a general rule carb loading should involve no more than 3x your moderate carb days and selection of carbs is very important. This a unique thing but in my experience brown rice and oatmeal are your best bets. Dont do things like yams since they contain fructose and really dont force the insulin spike you want in order to increase hardness.
so basic rules of carb loading/sodium depletion
1: Water: cut water by 1/3 wed, another 1/3 thursday, sip throughout day friday
2: sodium: cut at roughly the same ratio as water but DONT CUT IT OUT ENTIERLY. that will flatten you out like a pancake.
3. Carbs: Wednesday injest 3x normal day, thursday 2x normal day, Friday normal carb intake, day of the show, same as friday.

again I wish i knew your whole regimen. but hopefully this helps.
there are other methods like creatine loading/ glycerol loading and stuff but the KISS principal is always best.

Dear Wulfgar, really thank for your post!! Really helpful.
I started to cut Carbs intake Gradually since Sep, 1st and today I only take 60 grams for breakfast, Tuesday is same, Wednesday no carb and for total carb depletion. Thursday card loading and Friday as well. My current weight is 83KG.

I loaded sodium today and will cut it tomorrow, till contest date.

The above is just my primary plan, I will surely combine yours into my plan. Really helpful, thanks again. I will post my contest pics this Sunday when I back home.

Top Bottom