Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MICROSOFT Security hole, make sure your computers are patched ASAP

Addicted said:
I can't downloard anything either, the worm shuts down my system before the installation is complete:(

Ask someone to go to the site and download it to a disk or something, the .exe is only like 800K

gsxr1000 said:

Ask someone to go to the site and download it to a disk or something, the .exe is only like 800K

800K for the Win2k and 1.2M for the XP 32bit one.

Not sure if they are already compressed or if zipping them further is feasible - either way, should easily fit on a 1.44 floppy.

disconnect from the net, boot into safe mode, install the patch, and then restart with the net connection up again.

that said - it is still feasible that without the ports blocked you will get restarts and effective DOSes on your machines.

Blocking the ports will not work in the long run since other worms will come out that use different ports, but for now, if you want to get around it, block ports 135, 445, and 4444.

Like others said, if you are running remote procedure calls, then it is feasible that this will cause problems - but I would imagine that you would rather have those problems then being unable to have the machine up at all.

dude ,shit i have Windows 2000, but my comp doesnt shut down its just my internet stops working after about 6 mins. how the hell am i suposed to fix this?

SuperShredder said:
dude ,shit i have Windows 2000, but my comp doesnt shut down its just my internet stops working after about 6 mins. how the hell am i suposed to fix this?

I guess you probably missed the other posts in this thread that discussed how to fix it, and then the other threads that discussed it, and then the news pages that link to it, and definitely not the actual Microsoft pages that say how to fix it.

Win2k will freeze up, but not reboot when it gets it - that said, it does something very similar when it doesn't have it, but is in the process of the worm trying to get in.

well , i dloaded the serveice 2 thing,but my internet connection doesnt last long enough for it to dload. it says theres a way u can dload it without the internet connection but i cant find it at the windows 2000 site,does anyone know where i can find it then?

SuperShredder said:
well , i dloaded the serveice 2 thing,but my internet connection doesnt last long enough for it to dload. it says theres a way u can dload it without the internet connection but i cant find it at the windows 2000 site,does anyone know where i can find it then?

Did you really just ask if you could download something from the net if you aren't connected to the net?

I think I'm fresh out of help for this one.

SuperShredder said:
well , i dloaded the serveice 2 thing,but my internet connection doesnt last long enough for it to dload.

When the shut down warning appears, just reset your clock to a date thats a year prior - your computer will not shut down then. Resetting your date will screw up the shut down sequence, giving you enough time to DL the patch.

Top Bottom