Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Microsoft: Apple's Post-PC View Is Wrong

Why do you think this?

The Microsoft vision of the tablet is taking off because of Apple. Chrome and FF show growing market adoption rates.

What has M$ influenced in recent years? I tend to feel that they've been playing catch up in a few areas.

They have been. Here's an interesting article on GUI history between Apple and MS. Granted it's only up until Vista and doesn't mention how much an improvement Win 7 was as far as efficiency and stability, but the stuff way back when is a good history lesson.

It seems a lot of people think Ballmer is kinda crapping all over Gate's philosophy on how to run a successful company.

When did Newegg become a brand?
Dont they just piece together computers like any person could?

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

I meant that consumers who shop on Newegg generally know what's best, and the consumer reviews reflect that.

Apple will never penetrate the corporate desktop and they already tried and failed the server market with the xServer. The only macs at our company (web hosting) are the developer laptops. The Unix guys love them because now they have a computer that runs Linux software and they can still play games plus all the laptop hardware actually works, unlike Linux.

I'm a Windows Systems Admin; my home pc is Linux but my next laptop might be Apple for the same reasons our devs choose them.

Last edited:
They have been. Here's an interesting article on GUI history between Apple and MS. Granted it's only up until Vista and doesn't mention how much an improvement Win 7 was as far as efficiency and stability, but the stuff way back when is a good history lesson.

It seems a lot of people think Ballmer is kinda crapping all over Gate's philosophy on how to run a successful company.
This further re-enforces my belief that the "geeks" may start an idea (ie Linux, GUI, tablets, etc), but the designers / marketers will bring it to the masses.

This further re-enforces my belief that the "geeks" may start an idea (ie Linux, GUI, tablets, etc), but the designers / marketers will bring it to the masses.

Kinda the other way around though, considering how many things Apple technically tried "first" (OS, GUI, Office, etc.) and Microsoft somewhere applied its "innovate, assimilate, copy and redesign" philosophy to, then thanks to their "economies of scale" business model rampantly gained marketshare.

Kinda the other way around though, considering how many things Apple technically tried "first" (OS, GUI, Office, etc.) and Microsoft somewhere applied its "innovate, assimilate, copy and redesign" philosophy to, then thanks to their "economies of scale" business model rampantly gained marketshare.
When I think of a GUI OS, I think of XWindows and Linux first before I think of Apple.

No - Apple makes the most money on their products that makes them the largest company in the world. That makes them the best.

Have we come up with one good product that Microsoft created?

I love windows 7....aside from the cooling issues the xbox is an awesome console. Only reason they had those issues though is because someone at microsoft had the brilliant idea that the new console had to be as small as possible despite being slated for a triple core processor. Nobody had an issue with the size of the first xbox hence why it didn't have those issues. I never had one but from everything i heard the zune wasn't a bad mp3 player, it just had the unfortunate task of competing with the ipod which had a near decade head start

Microsoft had the entire touchscreen motif, the way you swipe and zoom things with your fingers, back in 2000 with the first tabletop "Surface". Long before Apple borrowed it for the iPhone.

Top Bottom