Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Microsoft: Apple's Post-PC View Is Wrong

I love windows 7....aside from the cooling issues the xbox is an awesome console. Only reason they had those issues though is because someone at microsoft had the brilliant idea that the new console had to be as small as possible despite being slated for a triple core processor. Nobody had an issue with the size of the first xbox hence why it didn't have those issues. I never had one but from everything i heard the zune wasn't a bad mp3 player, it just had the unfortunate task of competing with the ipod which had a near decade head start

The original Xbox was a far more respectable console than the 360, and the reason for the cooling issues is because they rushed it to market knowing full well that units were failing left and right on the line. Their goal was to gain marketshare, which they accomplished, thanks in large part to that marketing kool-aid and XBL. They convinced millions of people that it's worth paying an extra fee to do things they get for free everywhere else.

The original Xbox had a standard HDD, so why the hell didn't the 360. They disguised different sku's as a "choice", but really it just meant spending more money on what people were always going to end up getting anyways. $100 HDD add on here, $100 Wifi adaptor there, then whadaya know, let's make them buy a whole new console if they want HDMI. The only way the 360 could've been labeled a "decent" console at best is if they came out with the Slim model innards at launch. Although it still has that obnoxious power brick laying around.

It's a profit deal. As far as their Xbox division goes Microsoft's bottom line is all that matters, unless the shit hits the fan and they have to own up to it (RRoD billion $ warranty).

I'll be really happy when Ballmer steps down.

Top Bottom