Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Vick says he would like a pet dog

I assume you don't want much football. There are quite a few murderers who play(ed) in the NFL.

ok you got me i do watch football but i guess i didnt think of that.. all im saying is 2 years aint shit and he's back makin big money doin what he loves to do. yeah it sucks he did the time but he was banking off of something he had no business in lol.. like i said. vick is no dogman. i dont hate the guy, and good for him being in the nfl but shit i wouldnt be surprised if he tried to roll chihuahuas lol

I really do hope he is reformed but A. Prison was not his only punishment, not owning a dog until 2012 was part of it and it should be upheld regardless of who he is and if he's sorry or not, rules are rules and although everyone fucking breaks them they are set for a damn reason and B. he is damn lucky to be allowed to ever own a pet again I'm sure many people would have been prohibited pet ownership for life.

Agreed. As RW said, he's a thug.

Yes, agree with Southern Comfort, Vick's indictment and conviction really wasn't about animal cruelty. Referring back to Digi's statement in regards to redneck rings...they (hillbillies) would still be sitting in prison on racketeering charges, not the lesser charge of *dog-fighting*.

they're not, though...in fact, no one even concerns themselves with this kinda stuff in the sticks...point to any non-densely populated place on a map of the lower 48 and you won't have to look too far to find someone(s) that is raising pitbulls and/or fighting chickens...it's just part of the fabric of that part of society...it's always been there.

and, like i said, i don't condone the behavior...but, i'm not going to pretend like it doesn't exist or that it's only being perpetrated and perpetuated by gangsta's and wannabe's...in it's earliest stages (in our country's history) it was a "sport" of the working-class and, generally, it still is.

they're not, though...

You didn't say you had a particular example, in your earlier post. My post alluded to common folk (ie your interstate hillbilly operation) in the same circumstance as Vick would still be sitting in prison on the more pertinent charge of racketeering whereas Vick was charged with a lesser violation of dog fighting. I'm not going to argue if there are many such organized dog fighting rings, because I assume there are plenty.

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be very cultural, but it's NOT acceptable."

/preach :)

You didn't say you had a particular example, in your earlier post. My post alluded to common folk (ie your interstate hillbilly operation) in the same circumstance as Vick would still be sitting in prison on the more pertinent charge of racketeering whereas Vick was charged with a lesser violation of dog fighting. I'm not going to argue if there are many such organized dog fighting rings, because I assume there are plenty.

/preach :)

i guess my point was that they're not in prison...in fact, everyone knows who they are and mostly no one cares...as far as i know, they're tactics aren't quite the same as those documented in the vick case, particularly where it comes to dogs that aren't considered "game" enough...there weren't any hangings or drownings or electrocutions...from my experience, the dogs that didn't show much promise for the ring were just given away to pretty much anyone that wanted them...my hometown was full of them...the mild-mannered ones actually seemed to make pretty decent pets.

Gawd! He's in Atlanta thats not far enough away for me, and if and when he Gets a dog ....I would hate to be that puppy,that would be like taking a date to Jeffrey Dalhamer.

Top Bottom