Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Vick says he would like a pet dog

For what its worth, he said the dog would be more for his kids than anything. I don't think his kids should be punished for his actions. But he's got something like another 18 months before he can legally own a dog. After that, get the kids a dog.

if this were some anonymous, white, redneck (like the ones i know back home that have been raising pitbulls for generations) no one would give a hairy rats ass...michael vick is a football player...i could give two shits what he thinks about animals...it's not news.

Ugh, gimme a break. If these white rednecks ran a multi-state industry involving gambling and drugs, and, more importantly, the general public were aware of it, many of us would give a rat's ass to see them prosecuted to the full extent of the law...which they would be. One thing about celebrity, there always seems to be a residual Halo effect. Many times there's no such thing as parity (of sentencing) between normal folk and celebrities. I do give a a shit about anyone abusing and killing animals.

The only way I want to see him with dogs, handcuffed to board naked, and lowered into a junkyard full of hungry, angry guard dogs via a helicopter cable...

Charles

I have no problem with it. He deserves a second chance. He's not going to be stupid enough to go down the same road twice. Despite what some people want to think, Michael Vick is not a monster. He's a human being who made a mistake, and paid the penalty for it.

I'd say he did more than make a "mistake" since this wasn't one bad act, one poor choice. Doing something over and over doesn't really qualify as a mistake anymore. Regardless, yes he did his time, but like a sex offender who has to register, the "penalty" given out by the sentencing judge goes beyond time in prison, and in his case that means he isn't allowed to own a dog anymore. This is standard and normal for anyone convicted of animal cruelty charges.

He'll just have to deal with it.

Its a shame what happened to Vick, any other joe off the street wouldn't have gotten two years. There are murders who don't even get two years.

I can't stand people who treat their dogs as if they're an actual human. What he did was wrong but he got screwed.

Ugh, gimme a break. If these white rednecks ran a multi-state industry involving gambling and drugs, and, more importantly, the general public were aware of it, many of us would give a rat's ass to see them prosecuted to the full extent of the law...which they would be. One thing about celebrity, there always seems to be a residual Halo effect. Many times there's no such thing as parity (of sentencing) between normal folk and celebrities. I do give a a shit about anyone abusing and killing animals.

they do...it's one of the oldest "sports" in our country...and, i'm not condoning the behavior, i'm just stating some facts...and, whether or not mike vick wants to own a pet is not news...period. ben rothlisberger is probably still "dating", that's not news either. tiger woods probably has a new girlfriend or two...not news.

mike vick committed a crime...that was news...now it's over...quit shoving a microphone in front of his face and asking him dog questions just because it's a slow newsday.

and, i own a few tv clickers so YES i DO get to decide what is and isn't news!

thanks.

oh, and, i'd really like it a LOT if you didn't stop liking me because of this on account of i kinda dig you :)

I forgave him when he apologized.
I also think it is a step in the right direction to want a pet dog rather than just seeing them as a moneymaker.

I'd say he did more than make a "mistake" since this wasn't one bad act, one poor choice. Doing something over and over doesn't really qualify as a mistake anymore. Regardless, yes he did his time, but like a sex offender who has to register, the "penalty" given out by the sentencing judge goes beyond time in prison, and in his case that means he isn't allowed to own a dog anymore. This is standard and normal for anyone convicted of animal cruelty charges.

He'll just have to deal with it.
He will be allowed to own a dog again, just not currently. The judge only barred him from owning one during his supervised release, which ends in 2012.

The whole point of prison is to reform people. It seems Vick has been reformed.

some things you shouldn't get a second chance on IMHO...this being one of them. And prison in no fucking way "reforms" people.

Top Bottom