Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

liver function terrible

Sometimes we Americans (or at least me) forget that we are in a huge minority with our measuring system. :confused:

Glad you were able to help, Tat.

Only in the US are those units used.

SGPT and SGOT are about 25 years out of date as well, no one else uses them.

The units used are not important as the range in those units is given as:

ALT(SGPT) - 21 - 73
AST(SGOT) - 17 - 60

His numbers are pretty good on these 2, and if the liver is not functioning too well these numbers can easily be 5 or 6 times the normal top of the range.

I'd be interested in knowing the bilirubin to see if there is any bile blockage going on.

there was no fasting before the sample was taken. also went on bender weekend before/alot of weekends

I suspect this may have something to do with the elevated liver values althogh i don't believe the triglycerides would jump to that level overnight and certainly not my hdl ratio to the extent that it has

I take 5000mgs fish oil, standard multi and probiotics every day. I have just started taking milk thistle 21000mg p/day As i noted above i have cut out alcohol completely. Is there anything else i can do that would be effective???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

serum chemistry

Sodium 141 mmol / L
Potassium 4.3 mmol/L
Chloride 103 mmol/L
Bicarbonate 25 mmol/L
Other Anions 17 mmol/L

Glucose 6 mmol/L

Urea 4.4 mmol/L
Creatinine 70 umol/L
egfr > 90mL/min
Uric acid 0.44 mmol/L

Total bilirubin is 6 ummol/L
Direct bilrubin 1 ummol/L
Alk. Phos. 73 U/L
LD 162 U/L
ggt alt ast mentined above

Calcium 2.35mmol/L
Adjusted for Albumin 2.34 mmol/L
Phosfate 1.5 mmol/L
Total Protein 67 g/L
Albumin 43/ g/L
Globulins 24 g/L

Iron 20 ummol/L

all these are normal

yes my liver function is terrible and my lipid profile is also fkt as a result. Yes i have stopped drinking

went and got my bloodwork done as i was about to start a course
test cyp, deca, t3, with arimidex, nolvadex on hand and clen with pct
apparently my occasional binge drinking has caught up to me.
am going back to get retested in one month.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything i can do beyond the usual clean food and heeps of water to speed the healing up.

any advice would be appreciated

TRY the liver supplement SYNTHERGINE immediately..

thanks alin but synthergine not available to us aussies

ill look around and see if there are any similar products available here

The best thing you can do for your liver is to supplement with both rALA and N-Acetyl Cysteine. There is some very good research showing these two will not only protect your liver while it is under chemical stress but also regenerate liver cells.

there was no fasting before the sample was taken. also went on bender weekend before/alot of weekends

DOH!!!!!

Mate, your lipid profile is not really worth the paper it is written on unless you have fasted for 10 hours.

Well, it sort of is, as your cholesterol level is GREAT for a non-fasting sample.

Your trig is high because you have not fasted. What did you have for brekkie, or what had you eaten before the test, and how close was your last meal before the test.

I suspect this may have something to do with the elevated liver values althogh i don't believe the triglycerides would jump to that level overnight and certainly not my hdl ratio to the extent that it has

What do you mean overnight?

Trig is a measure of the fat being transported in the blood, normal is less than 3 mmol/l, and a meal can have it elevated quite a bit, so that is WHY WE NEVER DO A TRIG UNLESS THE PATIENT HAS FASTED FOR 10 HOURS. Black coffee and tea are fine, but even a splash of milk can have it alter.

I take 5000mgs fish oil, standard multi and probiotics every day. I have just started taking milk thistle 21000mg p/day As i noted above i have cut out alcohol completely. Is there anything else i can do that would be effective???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

serum chemistry

Sodium 141 mmol / L
Potassium 4.3 mmol/L
Chloride 103 mmol/L
Bicarbonate 25 mmol/L
Other Anions 17 mmol/L

Glucose 6 mmol/L

Urea 4.4 mmol/L
Creatinine 70 umol/L
egfr > 90mL/min
Uric acid 0.44 mmol/L

Total bilirubin is 6 ummol/L
Direct bilrubin 1 ummol/L
Alk. Phos. 73 U/L
LD 162 U/L
ggt alt ast mentined above

These are elevated due to the alcohol on the weekend and because you had just eaten.
Calcium 2.35mmol/L
Adjusted for Albumin 2.34 mmol/L
Phosfate 1.5 mmol/L
Total Protein 67 g/L
Albumin 43/ g/L
Globulins 24 g/L

Iron 20 ummol/L

all these are normal

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I am rarely cheeky, but I do have to call you a drama king.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, my liver is just RUINED even though I was out drinking all weekend.

The liver is remarkably resilient.

:)

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

I am rarely cheeky, but I do have to call you a drama king.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, my liver is just RUINED even though I was out drinking all weekend.

The liver is remarkably resilient.

:)

:lmao: Good Call!

Top Bottom