Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Joe Calzaghe v Bernard Hopkins

jd_uk said:
That's a pretty comprehensive predicition!

I'm competely undecided on this one. I want Calzaghe to win.

Most of the experts are saying Calzaghe will outbox Hopkins and if i were to put money on i'd probably go with that but something about Hopkins has me worried. Calzaghe wasn't that comfortable against Kessler and Hopkins has fought tougher opponents than Calzaghe ever has. Calzaghe has far more to lose than Hopkins who is used to defeat.

I don't like Hopkins because he is a dumb racist fuck. Saying he would never lose to white boy... Unless he said that just to piss people off so they would watch the fight and he'll make more money...

biteme said:
I don't like Hopkins because he is a dumb racist fuck. Saying he would never lose to white boy... Unless he said that just to piss people off so they would watch the fight and he'll make more money...

Did you see the Puerto Rican press conference for Hopkins/Trinidad where Hopkins grabbed the Puerto Rican flag and tore it up and threw it on the ground? Classic Hopkins villainry.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
Did you see the Puerto Rican press conference for Hopkins/Trinidad where Hopkins grabbed the Puerto Rican flag and tore it up and threw it on the ground? Classic Hopkins villainry.

lol

I like both fighters despite Hopkins racist rant. Look, Hopkins fought for years without getting big paydays - he now knows the game on how to generate interest in a fight. Mayweather is a genius at manipulating the press to get shit stirred and I applaud those guys for adding the drama because it makes for a good fight and a decent payday for guys that give 100% in a violent sport.

That said Calzaghe by MD. Hoppkins looked like shit against Taylor (although he got robbed in the first fight) and so-so against Winky.

What I want to see is Pavlik fight some of these top guys. For a guy who doesn't look like a fighter he sure kicks some ass.

hawaiianflash said:
weigh in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-htU1TAgZ8Q

Both look a little smooth. Man Calzaghe's arms are scrawny!

on edit: his left hand also looks swolen. He's had a history of hand problems.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/photo;_...UxLYF?slug=afp-080418112533.ew47bz33&prov=afp

Awesome video. I have to pick Hopkins although I don't like him, I respect his work ethic and talent... As far as skinny arms, doesn't really matter in boxing. It's not wrestling or weight lifting.. Hitman Hearns had some skinny ass arms but could punch like a mule.

Hopkins looks a bit bigger than Joe.

It will be a good fight.

I give props to Calzaghe for coming to the US knowing the judges are biased as hell.

Shit...I thought they were fighting at 168. That weight will make a difference and definitely advantage Hopkins. Weight definitely made the difference when Winky fought Hopkins.

I PMed Spart to so we can get a karma bookie event on it.

Army Vet said:
lol

I like both fighters despite Hopkins racist rant. Look, Hopkins fought for years without getting big paydays - he now knows the game on how to generate interest in a fight. Mayweather is a genius at manipulating the press to get shit stirred and I applaud those guys for adding the drama because it makes for a good fight and a decent payday for guys that give 100% in a violent sport.

That said Calzaghe by MD. Hoppkins looked like shit against Taylor (although he got robbed in the first fight) and so-so against Winky.

What I want to see is Pavlik fight some of these top guys. For a guy who doesn't look like a fighter he sure kicks some ass.

Don't forget Hopkins creamed Tarver though and Tarver is a southpaw. Hopkins usually eats southpaws alive.

Top Bottom