Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Joe Calzaghe v Bernard Hopkins

Hopkins by decision. I'm not confident in that prediction though.

jd_uk said:
Saturday night.

Who will win?

I was waiting for you to post up on this fight. Here are my thoughts:

Calzaghe is the real deal. He is fast, deceptively powerful, and comes from many angles. He has not faced anybody near Hopkin's level, though. Joe tends to come in wildly, with wide, slapping punches. He was tagged by some nice punches by Kessler and seemed to be stunned from a couple of them. The Kessler fight was pretty even until about the sixth round or so, when Calzaghe really hurt him with a body shot. Kessler was never the same after that and Calzaghe took over the fight from that point on. Hopkins is no Kessler. He is infinitely better at counter punching. Hopkins has a great straight right that he throws with his head down, that, I think he will land quite regularly on Calzaghe.

Age shouldn't be a problem for Hopkins. With his relaxed, measured style, he could fight and be competitive until he is 50. He has a great chin and will not be knocked out by Calzaghe.

I see the fight going like this:
The first couple of rounds, Calzaghe will try to overwhelm Hopkins (believing he is too old to hang with him). However, Hopkins will land great counter rights that will slow Calzaghe. Calzaghe will win these rounds due to aggression.

The action will slow in rds 3-5, as Calzaghe starts eating some more leather and takes a couple of head buts from Hopkins.

Calzaghe will begin to take over the fight in rds 6+ as he starts to use his jab to open holes in Hopkins' defense. The jab is the key to a Calzaghe victory.

Calzaghe wins the toughest fight of his career 116-112. Hopkins is just a little to old to hang with him.

hawaiianflash said:
I was waiting for you to post up on this fight. Here are my thoughts:

Calzaghe is the real deal. He is fast, deceptively powerful, and comes from many angles. He has not faced anybody near Hopkin's level, though. Joe tends to come in wildly, with wide, slapping punches. He was tagged by some nice punches by Kessler and seemed to be stunned from a couple of them. The Kessler fight was pretty even until about the sixth round or so, when Calzaghe really hurt him with a body shot. Kessler was never the same after that and Calzaghe took over the fight from that point on. Hopkins is no Kessler. He is infinitely better at counter punching. Hopkins has a great straight right that he throws with his head down, that, I think he will land quite regularly on Calzaghe.

Age shouldn't be a problem for Hopkins. With his relaxed, measured style, he could fight and be competitive until he is 50. He has a great chin and will not be knocked out by Calzaghe.

I see the fight going like this:
The first couple of rounds, Calzaghe will try to overwhelm Hopkins (believing he is too old to hang with him). However, Hopkins will land great counter rights that will slow Calzaghe. Calzaghe will win these rounds due to aggression.

The action will slow in rds 3-5, as Calzaghe starts eating some more leather and takes a couple of head buts from Hopkins.

Calzaghe will begin to take over the fight in rds 6+ as he starts to use his jab to open holes in Hopkins' defense. The jab is the key to a Calzaghe victory.

Calzaghe wins the toughest fight of his career 116-112. Hopkins is just a little to old to hang with him.

That's a pretty comprehensive predicition!

I'm competely undecided on this one. I want Calzaghe to win.

Most of the experts are saying Calzaghe will outbox Hopkins and if i were to put money on i'd probably go with that but something about Hopkins has me worried. Calzaghe wasn't that comfortable against Kessler and Hopkins has fought tougher opponents than Calzaghe ever has. Calzaghe has far more to lose than Hopkins who is used to defeat.

Top Bottom