Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increasing vertical jump/and1 mixtapes

nhbgorilla

1. Anyone recommend any certain exercises/programs/ websites /substances, etc. dedicated to increasing hops???? and while were talking hoops and hops, i got a couple other side questions:

2. are there any "popular" NBA anabolics, or any that supposedly concentrate on fast-twitch muscle which would help vertical jump?

3.. anyone know which is the best of the "and1 mixtapes"?? Ive seen Vol. 5 but Im thinking the earlier ones must be even better since nobody knew these fools or their moves yet. anyone??
peace

nhbgorilla said:
1. Anyone recommend any certain exercises/programs/ websites /substances, etc. dedicated to increasing hops???? and while were talking hoops and hops, i got a couple other side questions:

try this for a leg day (do hamstrings another day):

SPEED SQUAT : 5 sets (have a partner with a watch. load the bar with about 60% of your max out weight. For 7 seconds, due as many clean/fast reps as you can do.)

POWER LUNGE: 5 sets (kneel down to one knee, keeping the other knee at a 90 degree angle. Without using your resting knee, explode up and jump as high as you can. Use your hands to propel you.)

LEG PRESS: 4sets/6reps (go heavy)

HANG CLEANS: 4sets/5reps (whatever weight feels comfortable)
superseted with
BOX JUMPS: 4sets/5reps

CHOICE CALVE RAISE: 4sets/15 reps

Try this. This is one of the routines I have my clients due and it's by far the best.

Cheers

The Realness

I never used weights to increase my vertical.

I never used the "Strength Shoe" to increase my vertical.

I never used programs to make me jump higher.

I did use plyometrics twice a week, supervised by a trainer.

I did use drop step dunking drills, with two coaches hitting me with pads simulating defense..

I did use a weighted jump rope, for fifteen minutes at a clip. Twice a day, every day.

I have a 41 inch vertical and that is what worked for me. It worked for my teammates. The programs were endorsed by the college I went to and several other major schools across the nation.

Last edited:
gorilla, check out the training board. Lots of info there about it. CoolColJ has posted a lot about this.

Re: The Realness

PolishHammer1977 said:
I never used weights to increase my vertical.

I never used the "Strength Shoe" to increase my vertical.

I never used programs to make me jump higher.

I did use plyometrics twice a week, supervised by a trainer.

I did use drop step dunking drills, with two coaches hitting me with pads simulating defense..

I did use a weighted jump rope, for fifteen minutes at a clip. Twice a day, every day.

I have a 41 inch vertical and that is what worked for me. It worked for my teammates. The programs were endorsed by the college I went to and several other major schools across the nation.
think you could hook me up with the program??

PolishHammer1977 said:
NHB

How high can you jump now? What do you expect to gain?

Im about 6ft1, and I can already throw down, but nothing too nasty. I want a few more inches so i can add some funk to my dunks, and dunk in games/on people way more. lol thanks for the pm

nhbgorilla said:

Im about 6ft1, and I can already throw down, but nothing too nasty. I want a few more inches so i can add some funk to my dunks, and dunk in games/on people way more. lol thanks for the pm

NHB,

No doubt man. That is where I began "sort of speak". When my avatar comes through, check out the hops. It was taken over the summer. @ 6-4 you should be more than impressed. lol.

Top Bottom