Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

I think I'm gunna blow a hernia

DrBones

New member
Im raging right now i'm so mad.....
OK, if anybody has any experience with hernias please let me know....
When I do deep squats that make me lean forward slightly or when I do really strict deads, I get this crazy warm feeling in my lower right abs.... Today also accompanied by this warm burning feeling came some very light pressure on my right testicle... this is not good. Now I'm sitting here, very aware of the potentially world shattering news that it is indeed a hernia and that I will have to go get surgery.
What does this mean... this means I will have to wait upwards of six months just to get the surgery, followed by close to two month of recovery, which mean, yep, no weight lifting. And the worst part is I have to let a doctor stick his finger up the back of my balls to feel around...
Worst case scenario and I have to wait 6 months for surgery, I suppose I could do deads off the pins and umm... this is kinda gay, but half squats and leg presses....
PLEASE, somebody give me some advice... this is not something I'm very happy about... it seems like whenever I get in the groove of things and start to make some good progress, something comes along and takes it away from me.

Thanks
 
bump for helping this guy.

One of my former training partners tore his ACL and had a hernia operation in the same year. This didn't stop him from making a comeback. Today, he is still big and is training at 100 percent. If it really starts to bother you. . .get it checked out.
 
sorry nothing I know about - but I feel for ya.

:cold: its stuff like this that comes out of the bue that can seriously derail anyone
 
I have the same problem. I actually posted a similar question last week. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon. Hopefuly it is just a minor groin pull or something.
 
I have posted this before, but in the location you're describing there's a void of space where the testicles were before they dropped. This place is prone to hernia because there's nothing between the tire and the innertube, so to speak. No muscle or other tissue to keep the inner works from popping through. If you get to a doc early, they may be able to offer some newer treatments that will have you up and running in no time. If you wait until a chunk of your colon is attempting to pass through the skin of your abdomen, it may be much like you described, or worse. If you have medical coverage, and are serious about being a lifetime lifter, then please see a doc about it.
 
Thanks for all the info guys...
I'll make a doctors appointment later today
I live in canada so I don't have to pay for medical... Doctors are free.. so that isn't an issue.. I just don't feel like having somebody putting their fingers behind my balls..
ehh
Ryan
 
I went to the doctor today. It turns out I have a strained abdominal muscle which caused both the groin and testicle pain. I can still lift and all. He told me not to do anything that makes it hurt and referred to to sports doctor to help me treating it. He said it gonna take mostly rest though. In anycase it is better then a hernia. Good luck with case. Hope all goes well.
 
Incredible news!
I just found out I had a very tight hip flexor and very tight lower abdominal muscles... I got a deep tissue massage, and was told I can squat again by Friday! YEAY!!!!!!
Apparently those muscles can cause tension in your bladder and nuts....
I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY!
Thanks for all the support guys!
Ryan
 
Its DEFINITELY partially lower abs...
I was told i would be fine training abs today...
So I went in and grabbed a 25 lb plate and went to the decline crunch bench to pound away at my stomach... (after warming up and stretching of course)
Anyways, the first set felt pretty good, it felt a little tight.. but not too bad...
Went for a second set and around my fourth of fifth rep, boy of boy... my lower abs feel like they are tighter than a 16 year old virgin. Very cramped... If this doesn't go away by the friday, I think i'm gunna skip squats and take the weekend off and attempt some deadlifts on monday... I've got my fingers crossed!
Thanks again for the support
 
Such a relief huh? Just the thought of having a hernia and everthing that I would have to go through made me crazy. I had the best deadlift day ever yesterday, just because I had I knew I was ok and didnt have to worry about leaving my intestines on the floor.
 
That's awesome.

...not that an ab wall tear is a walk in the park, but the peace of mind is nice.
 
Definitely peace of mind.... Today I think I was the happiest person in the world.... Nobody could do wrong....
My abs are a little less tense today... But I'm pretty sure I'm either doing light rep squats tomorrow, or no squats at all.... just a small price to pay for not having a hernia
Now... on to some AR for those hip flexors and lower abs... :)
Thanks
 
Top Bottom