Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hip Pain/Flexibility

MikeMartial

Hi there, first post. Great board, looks like it's full of info.

I recently started back in martial arts - tae kwon do. I took shito-ryu karate when i was a teen, for about 4 years. The style are actually very similar, which I'm happy with, although there's a lot more dynamic high kicks with tae kwon do.

My problem lies in my flexibility. At 30, it's just not the same as when I was 14. It'll come, I know, but I'm now having reduced flexibilty and pain in my left hip area; right hip is fine. This is greatly affecting my side and turning kicks

Any suggestions? Specific stretches? I'm testing for my yellow belt next week, and I don't want a bum hip to screw it up!
Thanks!

Have you tried going to a chiropractor?

You might want to look into it. You may have a disc bulging against the sciatica nerve.

Last edited:
Romo's right. It may be sciatica pain migrating from your lower back. It may also just be a small hip problem. There's a world of difference between the two. Go to the doc and find out what it is man.

I used to see a chiro regularly years ago; since I started hitting the weights, and I'm no longer in school or at a desk studying 24/7, back problems cleared up. But the thought has crossed my mind to see one again.

Today, my massage therapist said it was my SI joint, but I'm not totally convinced. Seems more or a piriform (sp?) muscle, high in the glute area. At any rate, I freakin' pulled my ham last night training, so belt testing this weekend may not even happen.

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Top Bottom