Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Economic shift and the people struggling with it

forex isn't a job robert.

if you got money to burn, it can be side income, but if you wanna live full time off an investment there are far more stable markets to put your money in.

Once again my humor fails. I gotta work on that

SpyWizard, that's true, and the problem . . . the govment is hiring too damn much, lol.

I supervise a total of 9 positions and over the last 18 months or so I have often had exactly that very thought. A large percentage of the resumes I see are people who used to make substantially more than I can pay. The lady I just hired started yesterday and she dropped from 36k (not bad in Atlanta, it's cheap livin here) to 27k, which is the absolute most I can pay.

The lady is 59. I'm her boss. I'm 27.

I'm hiring another (probably) tomorrow who's coming back for a second interview. She's already agree to a 55% pay reduction from her last job.

It's a tough damn market out there.
This is so true.

I know I've interviewed several people myself for editor, wing/aid, and babysitting positions. In THIS economy I would THINK that people would WANT to work for at least SOMETHING . . . but alas, most seem to be too lazy for that. I'm building two different companies right now, even working with a college to give college credit to student interns. I guess people are just too good . . .

Theres always Forex bor.

You could always just swing-by your local Kroger and buy a bunch of produce. Then invest in a reel of "certified organic" labels and slap 'em on during the drive to your local farmers' market. If you really needed to sell it, swap teh jacket for a pair of overalls and throw-around words like "locally produced" and "eco-sustainable".

Just sayin'

You could always just swing-by your local Kroger and buy a bunch of produce. Then invest in a reel of "certified organic" labels and slap 'em on during the drive to your local farmers' market. If you really needed to sell it, swap teh jacket for a pair of overalls and throw-around words like "locally produced" and "eco-sustainable".

Just sayin'

swapping teh jacket is obviously not an option bor.

I dont understand.... I came here and o day 5 I started to send resumes around day 11 I had a job.... my mom filled out very few applications and in less than 2 weeks from doing that she got a job, at the very least I see gas stations, restaurants, supermarkets and other small business hiring, I can imagine that the pay obviously isnt great but at least they pay the bills, I dont understand all these people saying they have been unemployed for months! However you see these people with a car and with a cellphone, cable, etc the only thing I can imagine is that due to living outside their actual means (pricey new car payments, iphones, ipads, etc) they need to have a salary identical to what they had and they refuse to settle for less..... I dont know....

Top Bottom