Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
Ebola is scary when you think about it. I can't help but think of World War Z and how fast things really can spread...even though that's a zombie movie. lol Is it the usual, North American complacent attitude that prevents us, as a society, from doing more?

Scary shit. This world is so fucked. Hopefully we get this shit under control.

Yea, I've never been a prepper but we've stocked up on essentials ahead of the curve. My granddad told me a long time ago it was better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

My mom is like this. I've started doing it again, since my son left. You even think about how some cities go without power after a major weather system. If you had to do that, could you? Especially in places, like where I live, were a night without heat in the winter could kill you.

Over in West Africa you think? By December/January? That's really the window we got

I don't know. You've done more reading on it. I just meant here. I say stop sending people over and take steps to make sure it doesn't get in. The stuff they're doing now to keep it out is laughable.

Feedz and I went to the SD Zoo and a museum in Balboa Park today. I'm pretty sure we caught something from some of the God Damn nasty 3rd world tourist there.

My mom is like this. I've started doing it again, since my son left. You even think about how some cities go without power after a major weather system. If you had to do that, could you? Especially in places, like where I live, were a night without heat in the winter could kill you.

Come on now...I'm a redneck

Seriously though, i could probably support my family for a month or so without problem. I need to stock up more this week

I don't know. You've done more reading on it. I just meant here. I say stop sending people over and take steps to make sure it doesn't get in. The stuff they're doing now to keep it out is laughable.

I agree, no one has changed anything at all..and I do think that if we just keep getting isolated cases here and there that we can contain it. I don't mind sending people there to help stop it. I just don't think people should so easily be able to come back. Aid workers know the dangers. They don't expect to be able to come back, they know how quarantines work. This is ebola!

By january there will be 1.5 million cases if they don't contain it over there. These are the numbers I got from the CDC and they said it was spreading exponentially so I'm okay with people getting in, but I don't understand why non essential travel to and from those countries outside of essential commerce and aid work isn't restricted. I don't understand it.

Oct, 2014 - Infected: 33,701 Dead: 20,601
Nov, 2014 - Infected: 116,941 Dead: 71,486
Dec, 2014 - Infected: 405,786 Dead: 248,057
Jan, 2015 - Infected: 1,408,078 Dead: 860,758 <--- this is the end of the window
Feb, 2015 - Infected: 4,886,029 Dead: 2,986,830
Mar, 2015 - Infected: 16,954,521 Dead: 10,364,299
Apr, 2015 - Infected: 58,832,188 Dead: 35,964,116
May, 2015 - Infected: 204,147,691 Dead: 124,795,483
Jun, 2015 - Infected: 708,392,487 Dead: 433,040,328
Jul, 2015 - Infected: 2,458,121,932 Dead: 1,502,649,937

I'm not a doctor...but ebola has always been treated as something super super super serious. Something that could kill us all. Now it's not a big deal? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom