Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Could there be 38 Planned Movie Remakes We Didn't Know About?

Razorguns said:
if it's true, it'll be on imdb. status: pre-production.

probably someone sitting in their mom's basement, having some fun and creativity. few there i know for a fun is complete b.s.

r

Not necessarily....Although it's a great source, If the project is in the planning, preparation stage or "the like" it will not generally be listed on imdb yet.
The Hollywood reporter international edition (for one) is a MUCH better reference for a list like this.

Last edited:
BlueBird said:
I did some stop motion, I love how it moves.:) Some frame caps:
frame10.jpg

frame11.jpg

frame12.jpg

frameeight.jpg

framefive.jpg

framefour.jpg

framenine.jpg

frameone.jpg

frameseven.jpg

framesix.jpg

framethree.jpg

frametwo.jpg

VERY COOL!

gotmojo said:
Not necessarily....Although it's a great source, If the project is in the planning, preparation stage or "the like" it will not generally be listed on imdb yet.
The Hollywood reporter international edition (for one) is a MUCH better reference for a list like this.

Planning preparation != greenlight. funds haven't even been allocated yet. When it does, usually a PR news release is sent out.

Sometimes producers will want to cause buzz just to get a feeling, and use that as leverage to get a project approved. Lotsa politics and games and emotions occur when trying to get projects 'off the ground'.

Which is why sometimes you go 'how on hell did this crap get made??!!' lol

Most of those, those that are legit, are just 'ideas' or 'scripts' being throw around. They're a dime dozen everywhere. And studios like to option and then mull on them for awhile.

Keeps them happy in their nice cubes and offices in those buildings.

r

Per IMDB http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=nightmare+on+elm+street&x=0&y=0

Nightmare on Elm Street is indeed slated to be remade (c. 2010)

What's more interesting is that it looks like there will be a prequel in 2008 for it. Not sure how I feel about the remake. It's prolly my favorite horror film because it's the most terrifying concept. They'd better not fuck it up. Wes Craven's name is currently attached to the "reimagining" of the original.

Razorguns said:
Planning preparation != greenlight. funds haven't even been allocated yet. When it does, usually a PR news release is sent out.

Sometimes producers will want to cause buzz just to get a feeling, and use that as leverage to get a project approved. Lotsa politics and games and emotions occur when trying to get projects 'off the ground'.

Which is why sometimes you go 'how on hell did this crap get made??!!' lol

Most of those, those that are legit, are just 'ideas' or 'scripts' being throw around. They're a dime dozen everywhere. And studios like to option and then mull on them for awhile.

Keeps them happy in their nice cubes and offices in those buildings.

r

Agreed 100%!

Prep = green lighted more so than planning but not always, which is why I didn't phrase it that way. But either way, I didn't have the time to elborate.

But you are right, there are a lot of politics, etc... which is another reason why "Indy Films" have been gaining so much momentum.

Yup, most are legit ideas or rough scripts from a script mill, house writer or the like, and yes have probably been thrown around for a while for what ever reason.

But to be fair, the studios DO get it right quite a bit too, as with anything you have your good and bad aspects. I can actually say that my experience in the industry has been much more positive than the negative people tend to put on "Hollywood"so often.

Anecdote time...(I'll try to nutshell this.) I worked on Jason Goes to Hell back in '93, maybe a year after I got into the industry. Although this movie sucked ass, it was important because the ending set up a possible throw down between Freddy and Jason (I still think that is the only reason this movie got made.).
New Line had already purchased the rights for Jason and the F13 series (for this purpose) from paramount and already had a script, director, partial cast and crew etc... ready to go. What happens? Paramount wasn't happy with, if I remember correctly, the foreign distribution rights of the character and the series and thus went legal on New Lines ass. Anywho, 5 rewrites and 10 years of BS later the movie got made and released in '03 and I got to do set application for it. The kick in the head is that ulitimately what Paramount settled for was not ALL that different from the original agreement and didn't really benefit them any more or less. (Talk about games and politics.)

Side note...

This Nightmare "remake"....I have known of this for a while and from the last that I have heard, it will be more of an edgy prequel focussing on Krueger the "serial killer", rather than an actual "remake" of the original. However, based on the prequels success they may remake the OG nightmare and continue the series in a different direction. (But that could change by this evening...lol)

Last edited:
jerseyrugger76 said:
Per IMDB http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=nightmare+on+elm+street&x=0&y=0

Nightmare on Elm Street is indeed slated to be remade (c. 2010)

What's more interesting is that it looks like there will be a prequel in 2008 for it. Not sure how I feel about the remake. It's prolly my favorite horror film because it's the most terrifying concept. They'd better not fuck it up. Wes Craven's name is currently attached to the "reimagining" of the original.

I am with you on this....I fell in love with the Nightmare series when I was 13-14 yrs old, and had the pleasure of working on Freddy's Dead, New Nightmare, and Freddy vs Jason. I don't know how to feel either.

But.......I didn't know how to feel and did not have high hopes about the Chainsaw or Halloween (director's cut/screener version of Halloween, not the theatrical release.) remakes either and wound up REALLY enjoying them, not as replacements or better than the originals but as for what they were, very good films.

Fingers crossed on this one.

Word on the politics and corporate games.

Most folks who stay purely on the creative side, and not the business side have no idea how much craziness is going on in those boardrooms.

Thank god my first introduction to the industry was from a corporate side. Which is why i feel for any musician who one days finds themselves having their music and career ripped to shreds by the corporate monster.

nature of the beast. The other alternative is use your own money. Few can do that, so like you said, either fight it (and lose) or understand it and work with it. Both sides need each other.

I also can't stand those young Ivy league prep school execs with zero experience. They're always given menial tasks and responsibilities by their managers, and then start throwing their weight around to people underneath them -- Trying to look cool.

I ignore them.

r

Razorguns said:
Word on the politics and corporate games.

Most folks who stay purely on the creative side, and not the business side have no idea how much craziness is going on in those boardrooms.

Thank god my first introduction to the industry was from a corporate side. Which is why i feel for any musician who one days finds themselves having their music and career ripped to shreds by the corporate monster.

nature of the beast. The other alternative is use your own money. Few can do that, so like you said, either fight it (and lose) or understand it and work with it. Both sides need each other.

I also can't stand those young Ivy league prep school execs with zero experience. They're always given menial tasks and responsibilities by their managers, and then start throwing their weight around to people underneath them -- Trying to look cool.

I ignore them.

r

Tell me about it, I made my bones on the corporate side real fast...Do you know or remember anything about the Full Moon Productions fiasco in the mid 90's? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Moon_Features

Although I learned alot, I hope I never have to deal with that BS again.

Last edited:
gotmojo said:
I am with you on this....I fell in love with the Nightmare series when I was 13-14 yrs old, and had the pleasure of working on Freddy's Dead, New Nightmare, and Freddy vs Jason. I don't know how to feel either.

But.......I didn't know how to feel and did not have high hopes about the Chainsaw or Halloween (director's cut/screener version of Halloween, not the theatrical release.) remakes either and wound up REALLY enjoying them, not as replacements or better than the originals but as for what they were, very good films.

Fingers crossed on this one.

You're right on about remakes! The series brings back my best memories of being a kid in the 1980's. Don't want anyone messin' with that!

Could we rewind for a sec. You fuckin' WORKED on Freddy's Dead, New Nightmare, & Freddy v. Jason?? Dude, you're my new hero! What do you do for a living? The closest I get to the film industry is valuing movie finance deals, which isn't too terribly entertaining.

As a completely random aside, I was in a novelty store in beachside town in SE Virginia and found a sleeping blindfold (you know, those kind they give you in Business Class, so that you can cover your eyes and fall asleep) that looks like it was a promotional item from the original movie. It's got two bloodshot eyes on it with the words "Sleep Kills" over each eyebrow, and then the movie title in the center. It has a place of honor in my bedroom. :p

Top Bottom