Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Competitive Athletes/(Football especially) Read this thread!!

LuckyDog

What's up guys? I usually don't post here, only read as I tend to stay at anabolicfitness.net but the rising amount of posts both now and in the past having to do with kids playing competitive sports (football expecially) wanting to do AAS and many times, for all the wrong reasons and especially at the wrong times. The following is a reply I wrote a while back to a college football player who wanted to use AAS and I have to say this is something all athletes should read if they're going to consciuosly decide they want to make the commitment and take this step. First off though, if you're not already in college and playing your sport at that level, stop now and come back when you graduate high school and have grown some facial hair. But seriously, I don't condone anything written here for anyone who isn't already at the college level AT LEAST in their respective sport.

Here's the original post that started the thread:

Stack3n1
AF Member
posted 12-29-2002 06:37 PM
hey bros-

next year will be my first year playing college football and I need some help.

Starting on the 1st of the year I will be speed/agility training in coordinance with powerlifting. I am currently 6'1, 220# and will be playing Strong Safety-so speed and strength are extremely important. I'll be playing at an SEC school where the competition is tough and need ssome additional help.

I have taken AS in the past but just to look good, never for strength/football conditioning.

What should I take if I want to get super-strong with minimal BF gains and still increase my speed? Also, because of NCAA testing I will need to take stuff that will get out of my system quickly.

Thanks for the help.

And here was my reply: Enjoy and take this to heart.

Okay, first off I want to apoligize for my absenteeism as I have been swamped with school and my personal life has gone to hell these past two weeks so with football, school, job, social, and personal life clashing all together, I get little time to read, let alone post quality replies to posts. But here it goes.

Before you do anything read these threads...after, and only after you have read all of this material should you read the rest of my post:

First:
http://www.anabolicfitness.net/library/age.htm

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_146mass.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/html/body_147mass.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_articles/150app.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_.../153recipe.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_articles/180app.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_...s/186nutri.html

Next:
http://www.testosterone.net/nation_articles/188dc.html

Next go to "Cycle on Pennies" on the main board at this site because it's an overall good read that everyone should read at least once.
http://animalkits.be/

And read this as it's good as well:
http://boards.elitefitness.com/foru...ds+for+athletes

Okay, if you've made it this far, I know you're dedicated now. It may take you a while to read all those but I put them up for good reason. If you can't tell, I like Dr. Berardi's writings as he has good info...but just ignore the supplement advertising and read the quality info. Anyways, on to the fun stuff:

I'm in a similiar situation to you as I too waited til the spring to start football but there were other reasons involved for me but I have some advice for you. First off, all this talk about the Pros and everything, don't worry about that stff now, I mean you have at least 4 years of college ball in front of you before anything like that should cross your mind. There's been some good advice posted above and some bad advice. First off, FOCUS on school. Believe me, the degree you earn will be very important considering that according to the studies done by the NCAA that only 2% of NCAA collegiate football athletes make it to the pros. And then again, many of those only get tryouts and never make a long time position in the NFL. So the degree is very important, and the coaches will stress to you that getting good grades is important because they want smart players out on the field and they want smart players in the classroom.

Second, be in the program for at least one year before you decide to use AAS. There are many reasons for this...first off, you're only considered a freshman to them, you'll most likely play scout team and you have plenty of time ahead of you to use AAS. It's important that you get a feel for the atmosphere of the team and that you feel out if there are any others out there who use, or how the coaches deal with that type of stuff. Ask questions to your strength coach about supplements and just "feel" everything out. This is very important because the better prepared you are with everything, the better you will know how to handle situations and to make football work for you. hell, if you can take a red-shirt this year and go a fifth year. Make them pay for Grad School while you're playing ball. Life doesn't get any sweeter than that.

Third, get everything else down before you start using. Your training regimine will be set in stone for you as your strength coach will make sure that you are properly prepared and you should listen to him, make good friends with him because they are a wealth of knowledge and there for one reason, to make you a better athlete. You'll probably lift 4 times a week now, until spring ball so it's important that you get down your diet to a "T". Break down your macronutrients, plan your diet around 5-7 meals a day, get around 400 grams of protein and get all the crap out of your diet. Being disciplined is hard work, but to be the best you can be and if you truly want to go pro, it takes this kind of dedication. Quit drinking, an occasional beer is okay (Even though I don't recommend it), but when you start pouring beer on your cereal in the morning and making it a habit then you're just sabotaging yourself. Don't smoke either, but I take it you already know these things. The articles above should give you a basis for what to do about a diet, which should help alot.

Now, on to the anabolics:
After waiting a year to do all this stuff here are the guidelines to when you should use. The summer only, period, no questions asked. First off, each year you will sign a contract with the NCAA stating that you agree to their year round drug testing program but if you aren't officially in school during the summer, they won't come and test you. They will come at least once in the fall, maybe more depending on luck of the draw, bowl games, etc. and possibly during the spring. The NCAA states that they can legally test your team up to 3 times in the fall and I think 3 more in the spring, but I'm nitpicking here as it most likely won't happen. They select a large number of guys for football compared to other sports such as baseball. For example this last fall they came and tested 14 football players (Which were picked at random by a outsource company called the REC who does the collection for the NCAA) and only 4 male baseball players. (I was one of the ones picked) So don't do anything during the year as you're playing with fire! They're very strict and follow guidelines and there's even criteria that have to be met for good specimems...i.e. specific gravity above 1.005, etc. There is also most likely a drug testing program that your school does as well for athletes. At my school, the program states that there will be 1 male and 1 female athlete picked at random every month to be tested...but that is for all sports together so the chances are very slim. So right after you are done with school in May or whenever, start then and go pretty hard until about Mid-July, making sure you're clean when you report to camp for obvious reasons. Be smart about all this, plan everything out and have blood tests done frequently if possible and make sure to use all the necessary supplements to protect your liver, body, etc. And use only quick leaving substances such as test. propionate and anavar, etc. Don't use pretty much anything else, as most aren't for athletes. most are for bodybuilders and will cause problems for our purposes...i.e. Dbol could cause back pumps which could dehibilitate you and coaches don't like that, and also training with extra bloat is not easy, especially with all the running we do. Make sure the aas you do use is quality stuff and not cheap mexican stuff you buy from the mexican who always stands on the corner either, it's your body, know what you're putting into it. And use the proper post-cycle recovery programs to make sure your body is ready for the punishment that you're giving it day in and day out. A down time is not good, especially for football players who will be in camp in august which is very mentally/physically straining in itself. That's a pretty good overall review about AAS.

Last point, is that what all these guys told you is true. Speed is a very important factor and it will make or break you out on the field. Bench pressing a chevy don't mean shit if you can't catch the bastard to do it to. here's some quotes from the above posts...they say it all...
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Focus on the speed and strength
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Go through a year of practice and see what is expected to play at that level. Trust me, your ability to read plays and react will be far more important then any steroid ever created.

quote:
You can always use after your freshman season etc.. I just know from my experience that you will completely change your body your freshman year without AS as a result of strength training, diet, and competition

quote:
key to football in a skill position is SPEED ....Speed kills enough said,

Plain and simple, enough said!!!

In closing, I hope I have helped you out, if you or anyone else who read this has any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I'll help as much as I can. I know this is a long ass thread because it took me over an hour to find all those posts and type everything up but if I help at least one person to succeed, then it was worth it. Please take care and listen to what I have written here as it will help you if you follow it. No one is going to do this stuff for you, this isn't a game anymore, it's real life and with it comes real consequences but play your cards right, and everything will be gravy. Take care.

-LuckyDog-

Education is a continuous process ending only when ambition comes to a halt.
-Col. R. I. Rees

--Guys, if this post can help at least one person make the right decision then it's done it's job. Take care.

LD

very nice, I completely agree with everything you said in there

edit: i play a sport( lax ) with the highest percentage of social drug use - 95.9%. By only smoking pot 1 or 2x a week and drinking maybe 2x a month, and eating a healthy diet, ur already above the competition. And the use of AAS is unneccesary as you do not want to be a big goof out there. Not saying that ur gonna get huge by doing it, just repeated use that some football players do along with the heavy lifting will get you "TOO" big. And another odd thing about it is you hit the opposing players as hard as you can, compare it too a free safety getting a perfect hit across the middle on the reciever, and yet the best guys are 5 8 160 pounds. heh rambling over.

Top Bottom