Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Comparing Tom Brady to Joe Montana?!?!?!

By the end of his career, as long as he stays relatively healthy, he will up there with the greats. You gotta love his modesty, he said himself he doesnt deserve to be compared to Montana. I hate the patriots, but Brady is a class act and clutch doesnt even begin to describe him.

NJjuice22 said:
By the end of his career, as long as he stays relatively healthy, he will up there with the greats. You gotta love his modesty, he said himself he doesnt deserve to be compared to Montana. I hate the patriots, but Brady is a class act and clutch doesnt even begin to describe him.

I think even if I was not a Patriots fan I think this statement is true, 2 Super Bowls in three years and the whole 21 game streak will be remembered...

I also think Peyton's season will go down in history too...

His career really is too short to say he's Joe Montana. With that said he's accomplished more in less time then anyone. With that said. If you look at the QBs out there today I think Tom Brady gives you the best chance to win. I don't have the stats but he seems to make fewer mistakes then anyone else when it counts.

Wait, WHAT?

When I first heard the comparison made, I was incredulous. Tom Brady is a bright young star, but he wasn't even the best quarterback in the league this season. The comparison seemed ridiculous. After all, Tom Brady is just a quarterback. Joe Montana is an immortal.

After patsfan post of stats, one should compare Brady's stats with Montana's stats through his first four years. Only fair.

The most basic measuring stick for a quarterback is passing yards. And by that barometer Brady beats Montana 10, 233 to 8,069. Montana and Brady played sparingly as rookies, and emerged early in their second year. But Montana's fourth season, was during the strike. Thus Brady had more attempts and more completions than Montana by this point in his career, accounting for the yardage advantage.

Montana's completion percentage through four seasons trumps Brady's . Then there's the statistical quagmire known as Quarterback Rating.

So Montana was a better passer. But his numbers are not nearly as dominant as I had anticipated.

OK, so let's look at something more telling. The playoffs. There's a barometer for success. Surely there'll be some separation there.

But the results are no more conclusive. Brady has a Super Bowl ring and an MVP trophy. So did Montana. Brady did win his first Super Bowl in his second season, while Montana's first victory came in his third. If Brady wins on Sunday, he'll have his won his second Super Bowl in his fourth year. Montana's second didn't come until year six.

Therefore if Brady should win Super Bowl XXXVIII, he will be ahead of where Montana was at this point in his career. IF he wins. Granted, should he lose, Brady will still be in the discussion with Montana. Yet in either scenario, for Brady to ultimately merit comparison to Montana he will have to win at least two more Super Bowls. And another MVP or two.

So what's the conclusion? I was wrong. Brady, at this point in his career, CAN be compared to Joe Montana. But so could Kurt Warner two years ago.

JKurz1 said:
OK, so let's look at something more telling. The playoffs. There's a barometer for success. Surely there'll be some separation there.

But the results are no more conclusive. Brady has a Super Bowl ring and an MVP trophy. So did Montana. Brady did win his first Super Bowl in his second season, while Montana's first victory came in his third. If Brady wins on Sunday, he'll have his won his second Super Bowl in his fourth year. Montana's second didn't come until year six.

Therefore if Brady should win Super Bowl XXXVIII, he will be ahead of where Montana was at this point in his career. IF he wins. Granted, should he lose, Brady will still be in the discussion with Montana. Yet in either scenario, for Brady to ultimately merit comparison to Montana he will have to win at least two more Super Bowls. And another MVP or two.
what the hell is this a copy paste from last year? Brady has two SB wins, 2 mvps, and this year is Super Bowl XXXIX

Yes, its from NFL.com.............thought it was interesting............guess it needs to be updated, but it was just posted on their this week

Top Bottom