Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

College World Series Thread

KAYNE said:
KRYPTO
I AGREE. I WENT TO THE REGIONALS. I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS THAT PLAY ON THE TEAM SO I USUALLY GO TO QUITE A FEW GAMES AT THE BOX. I WAS PISSED WHEN I COULDNT GO TO HOUSTON TO THE SUPERS AND EVEN MORE PISSED WHEN THEY LOST. I HAVENT EVEN REALLY WATCHED TOO MUCH OF THIS CWS. USUALLY, I AM STUCK TO MY TV DURING THIS WEEK. THE LADIES WORLD SERIES WAS AWESOME THIS YEAR THOUGH MY GIRL JENNY FINCH AND ARIZONA LOST. I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD WIN. BUT THAT CHICK WHO PITCHED FOR CALIFORNIA WAS GREAT TO. CANT REMEMBER HER NAME OFF HAND.

KAYNE

I just hope this isn't the new trend now that Bertman retired as coach. Yeah I haven't watched any of the CWS at all this year.

Code said:
Why do they use aluminum bats?

Because they can!

Cost is a huge factor. They would go through wood bats like crazy, whereas an aluminum bat will last at least a season.....depending if they use it for BP or not.

And there are plenty of hitters in college that can hit the ball over 330' with a wood bat.

Code said:
And why do they call it the *world* series? Do other countries participate?

Because their aren't any colleges outside of the US that can compete?????? I dunno?

rudedawg said:
Cost is a huge factor. They would go through wood bats like crazy, whereas an aluminum bat will last at least a season.....depending if they use it for BP or not.

That and depending on weather conditions. I'm willing to bet that the northern colleges pancake bats quicker due to cooler weather than southern colleges.

rudedawg said:
And there are plenty of hitters in college that can hit the ball over 330' with a wood bat.

Yea I know, but not a lot, did you watch the homerun derby?? They got the best homerun hitters in college together and the winner took it down by hitting 2 homeruns with a wooden bat.

With Aluminum bats, the homerun leader on each team has around 20.

with wood, it would be under 10, not exiting to me.

Code--good point with Canada, not sure why they call it the CWS now that I think about it.:D

Kryp2o said:

That and depending on weather conditions. I'm willing to bet that the northern colleges pancake bats quicker due to cooler weather than southern colleges.

Probably...... I know in softball if it is below 50 degrees the bats dent a helluva lot easier than if it is warm. But I don't think the baseball bats dents as easily as softball bats. Anyway a good baseball bat is gonna cost what $150 - $200? A decent wooden bat will cost at least $50. I would expect the life expectancy of a wooden bat in the average colege players hands would last maybe 7 - 10 games. That would be a minimum of 5 bats per player and thats just gamers......that doesn't include all the bats used for BP.

Top Bottom