Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cavs pick up Shaq

what they needed was some one like lamar odom sp?, besides lebron they have a bunch of shorties they rely on for shooting. they need that 6'8-6'10 guy that can do anything to help lebron out. west, williams, gibson i think average what 6'3? their biggest problem with the big guys is age, so they get someone older...i'm a lebron fan and i hate this trade

that's why you're a Lebron fan, not a Cavs fan

you were gift wrapped a championship thanks to kevin mchale.

now your team is getting old and irrelevant with the rise of the magic.

focus on them, instead of other teams (as usual)

I don't know bro

Al Jefferson got hurt, that guy is gonna be a player

I'd judge that trade after the next two seasons

It was a trade that def brought us the title
What can you do bro? They won, that was their intentions upon making the trade.

NFL is coming baby

Budden is a rapper. Obviously not one of the biggest, but not some no name trying a gimmick. That's just how he is. He said something about "Ramoan" Sessions. Jennings said, he doesn't want to be here, that money's for Charlie. They've got Ridnour.

Budden said, "that bum ass..." haha. Jennings said, he'll be the backup.
Budden said, backup to who? Jennings said, who do you think?

Then Budden got on Jennings about being arrogant and not scoring 1 NBA point.
Jennings got on Budden the same way about rapping and said, do you think you're as good as Method Man and Redman? haha

Jennings asked when Budden was coming to Milwaukee, Tahiry (Joe Buddens girlfriend) said "never" in the background and Budden started busting on Milwaukee. Jennings defended the M and said it's laid back. Budden said he'd come when Kobe was in town, or when Lebron was in town. Tahiry in the background said when Dwight was in town. Then Budden said, no I'll come when Minnesota comes, to see Rubio kick your **** ass haha

Later they were talking about the Knicks. Jennings said **** the Knicks. He asked Budden if he was excited about Jordan Hill. He wasn't really, but he said he was more excited about Toney Douglas.

ETA: Budden said he heard Skiles was a **** ****, Jennings said no. Jennings said he's already got his place, with a view of Michigan Lake like someone mentioned. He said Jennings needs to get an air mattress for when he comes.

He asked how Jennings could afford it. (I believe Jennings made $1.2M last season I believe, and $2M through Under Armour. My opinion, people might knock him for things that go along with being 19, but he's not just 19, he's a 19 year old already millionaire still working hard) Jennings said he's got an endorsement. Budden said Under Armour? That's a deodorant. haha He said he needs to play ball, and joked if he could get in on that.

this guy looks like he can't wait to play, Bucks FO is incredible

i hate the cavs simply b/c of the calls they give lebron. The annoncers are all over his nuts the whole game and lebron gets every single foul call. Like the phantom 3 point foul that howard blocked plus he runs over defensive players when they have position and they get called for the foul. They see lebron take the ball to the rim and blow the whistle no matter what. The cavs need people to replace mo williams and delonte west...Those guys are garbage

calveless wonder;8855622 LOL @ jay z having anything to do with him coming to the nets. That was the stupidest/most speculative theory out there with no foundation whatsoever. Just because his buddy is a partial owner means nothing.[/QUOTE said:
It's not speculation bro, JZ was pumping him HARD to go to brooklyn. And JZ used that to try to drum up investment. Lebron could have said at anytime that he's not interested, but he didn't and he was asked. Some major sportswriters from around the country were talking about the chatter between Lebron's and JZ's people. This was no speculation bro, had JZ finalized that deal I would not have bet against Lebron going there if the cavs hadn't started to build a solid team around him.

the kevin garnett comparison is retarded. he was never about the big market or wanted to be an endorsement icon. he was happy to be the man in minnesota, he just had no help (minus the one year with spree/cassell).

bro, that was exactly my point. I beleive you misunderstood me. I was saying that Garnett "DIDN'T" go to the celtics because of the big market.........he went because of Allen and Pierce and the two offensive lineman they have that would do the heavy lifting. You need to reread my post bro.

knicks are clearing cap room to land TWO max contract free agents in 2010. They'll have a young core of decent players and mike d'antoni's offense to boot.

Still not sold on it being the knicks.

james wants to be the first billionaire athlete. he is an egomaniac...and he'd love the spotlight of NYC along with the tons of endorsements he'd get to add to his resume. Lets face it, cleveland isn't big enough for him.

You're starting to talk about him like you're one of his boys. I'm not either but him and I grew up a few miles apart and I know guys that went to school with him. He's not as big an egomaniac as you think. That's plainly obvious just by watching him. People who've run into him say he's an alright dude. He's a bit "aloof", like he's got his mind somewhere else....but so would any of us be like that if we were him. Now contrast that to what people have said about Jordan and Kobe. I met an owner of a major league baseball team who talked about what playing golf with jordan was like..........it's a whole nother level of "ego". So it's a relative term. All star athletes have "ego's", but the term "egomaniac" implies something different. I have no doubt that it's crossing LJ's mind to leave cleveland. But I also know for a fact that there is ALOT holding him here. If you know his life story you'd understand that if his mom wants him to stay, he's staying....end of discussion.

back to the trade. This was a desperation move. Ferry really believes he needs to win a championship to keep LBJ. Maybe he thinks it can buy him some time, and then maybe pull off a move in 2010 to get a free agent to help LBJ. It's going to backfire. SHaq is going to want the ball, and he's going to clog the middle. Shaq's also going to be 38 years old.

you claim you know alot about basketball yet you don't realize that shaq the last couple years has become the PREMIER interior post passer. He's NOT going to want the ball like he used to. You're totally not giving him enough credit. He wasn't like that in Phoenix where they didn't have a kobe or lebron. If he coexisted long enough with Kobe to win 2 championships, do you seriously not think he's going to be able to play with lebron? That's completely senseless bro. But you're right, he's going to be 38 years old and it was a desperation move. "But", it's a good one. We're only on the hook with him for a year. The cavs MOST CERTAINLY didn't get worse. It just remains to be seen if the move makes us better. No one can know that yet.

The cavs didn't lose to the magic just because of the lack of a defensive presence in the middle. They mostly lost because they had nobody to guard turkoglu and rashard lewis. I might add that shaq is HORRIBLE on the pick and roll is going to get destroyed on it. This does very little to solidify this team

while I agree that they had no one to guard those 7ft guards, doubling down on Howard the whole series didn't help. West and Williams were out of position the entire series. It's like Coach Brown had it in his head that "eventually" they'll stop making outside shots.....and he bet on it by double teaming Howard the entire series. If we don't have to double team Howard "as much", we can send guys out to the perimeter more effectively. Will that necessarily work? I don't know.....I'm not optimistic because Hedo and Lewis are so fucking beast from the outside. ANd yeah, I know that shaq is shit on the pick and roll. But liek I said, we certainly didn't get worse. If Z stays healthy and can play most of the regular season, we can save shaq for the playoffs. And that just might work.

that's why you're a Lebron fan, not a Cavs fan

i say i'm a lebron fan b/c i like him as a player...i cheer for the cavs to win. i don't say i'm a cavs fan b/c if lebron never came there i wouldn't cheer for them. like the million kobe fans that say L.A. is their favorite team, when in all reality kobe is their favorite player. i'm close to chicago and i will always be a chicago fan at heart, but lebron has brought my attention back to the NBA like when Jordan played. i would love to see the team put something great together, but i don't think shaq was the answer. i hope i'm wrong

It doesn't matter whether shaq's the answer or not because we're only locked into him for a year. If he doesn't pan out he's gone, simple as that. That was the only move available to the cavs this season, so it's not like we gave up going after someone else for shaq. We got him for "nothing", so it's a win win for us. If he's too old we dump him and go after one of the big free agents in 2010.

i say i'm a lebron fan b/c i like him as a player...i cheer for the cavs to win. i don't say i'm a cavs fan b/c if lebron never came there i wouldn't cheer for them. like the million kobe fans that say L.A. is their favorite team, when in all reality kobe is their favorite player. i'm close to chicago and i will always be a chicago fan at heart, but lebron has brought my attention back to the NBA like when Jordan played. i would love to see the team put something great together, but i don't think shaq was the answer. i hope i'm wrong

Shaq will retire after this season, he's already stated this. They won't resign him regardless if he played off the charts and didn't retire anyways, there would be no room to resign lebron to his max and another FA There's much more available moves to make this offseason, free agency hasn't even started and there's only 7 teams with cap, 4 of which who aren't looking to spend due to the economy, Cavs being one of the few who have a owner who's willing to go deep into luxury and the only team with a 5m MLE

you'll see a bid off between Detroit, Oklahoma and Cleveland starting Wed. possibly Memphis and Atlanta to but supposedly they're trying to keep budgets down

Last edited:
Top Bottom